Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Fake police rob travellers

· 
Posted: 28.11.2012  ·  #1
POLICE and gendarmes have stepped up controls and surveillance on autoroutes after an increase in reports of fake police robbing travellers.

Last week a couple driving on the A31 near Longvic (Côte-d'Or) were pulled over by a dark Peugeot 206 with a blue flashing light on the roof at 2.00 in the morning. The two fake police - both of African origin with one wearing what looked like a police jacket - searched the driver and took €3,200 from his wife's handbag.

Earlier that night, what seemed like the same two men had stopped two German tourists between Langres and Dijon under the pretext of a cocaine drug search. They stole valuables from the car as well as their wallets.

The Interior Ministry has called on police to increase patrols and get more information on the thieves. So far they are investigating around 100 robberies or attempted robberies.

Ten people suspected of being involved in a network of fake police in the south of France were arrested in June. But the attacks continued and two drivers were robbed in an aire (rest area) on the A7 and Russian tourists lost €4,000 when attacked on the A6.

Other attempts have been reported in Bourgogne, Vaucluse, Drôme, Var, Gard and Bouches-du-Rhône departments.

In the Paris area, on the A6 near Ivry, a motorcyclist was punched in the face and had his bike stolen by three men wearing police armbands who had flagged him down in a car with a blue flashing light.

Police sources told Le Figaro the majority of the robbery attempts had forced drivers to stop on the hard shoulder but police preferred to get drivers to pull into aires as there was less risk of accident. They added that it was permitted to ask police to show their identity cards.

Taken from HERE

PaulH
Paid up member.
Homepage: thespaceplace.info
My Motorhome: Thor Axis on LPG.
Base Vehicle: Ford E350 v10.
Subject:

Re: Fake police rob travellers

· 
Posted: 29.11.2012  ·  #2
Scumbags, a curse on their houses. Just goes to show that although we may be on holiday, vigilance is always important and you should never let your guard down. I guess the only thing to do is only stop on autoroutes at an aire de service/service station with witnesses.... I"m not sure carrying large amounts of euros is ever a good idea though.

caledonia
Subject:

Dont stop

· 
Posted: 30.11.2012  ·  #3
You can ignore blue flashers whilst eu country and drive to nearest police station at the correct speed using correct road signals, if u have satnav ps ensure speed cams are disabled big fine

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.