Screenwash...............£200.00 per gallon?

Floorman
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.03.2018  ·  #1
Yesterday I collected my car after having it's first service, from my local Mercedes main dealer, paid the bill and left.
Today I took a look at the paperwork and discovered I had been charged £5.23 for a dash of Screenwash. Usually when I am charged for this item there is a full bottle less the amount used left in the car but not on this occasion. As the bottle is marked in eight segments I work out that a litre is costing over £40.00. Five litres would be £200.00. It makes Petrol and Diesel look cheap.
When I complained I was offered a full bottle of screenwash (I already have four) and a free, apparently worth £99.00 Mercedes Gold Valet to be used at a time suitable to me.
Is this stuff like gold dust or do Mercedes just rip people off?

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.03.2018  ·  #2
" This stuff like gold dust or do Mercedes just rip people off? "

Bite your tongue ,how could you consider such a dreadful suggestion , a German car company ripping off a customer OMG.. :shock: :lol: ;-)

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

Re: Screenwash...............£200.00 per gallon?

· 
Posted: 29.03.2018  ·  #3
Quote by Floorman

Yesterday I collected my car after having it's first service, from my local Mercedes main dealer, paid the bill and left.
Today I took a look at the paperwork and discovered I had been charged £5.23 for a dash of Screenwash. Usually when I am charged for this item there is a full bottle less the amount used left in the car but not on this occasion. As the bottle is marked in eight segments I work out that a litre is costing over £40.00. Five litres would be £200.00. It makes Petrol and Diesel look cheap.
When I complained I was offered a full bottle of screenwash (I already have four) and a free, apparently worth £99.00 Mercedes Gold Valet to be used at a time suitable to me.
Is this stuff like gold dust or do Mercedes just rip people off?

Maybe this is the wrong place to ask such a complicated question. Why not put the above in large print on your back side windows and drive around a few dealerships. I'm sure Mercedes will answer your question in a relatively short time. :-)

Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Autoroller 746
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.03.2018  ·  #4
My last car was a MB and it had to go in for an electrical issue (Hybrid) and they ended up keeping it for a month. They loaned me a smaller C Class Estate for the month and I got given one of their really expensive pens but the servicing was expensive. I doubt I'll have another MB anytime soon and I wouldn't buy a MH on a Sprinter chassis - even the latest shape vans are starting to rust in places you never see on a Ducato.

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.03.2018  ·  #5
I do bodywork/paint repairs on cars for a living. Nearly every week without fail someone with a Merc will be in with rotten wheelarches.....

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.03.2018  ·  #6
Jaysus, talking about paying for the brand, eh?

I would like to think that they didn't try to scam you for a fiver though, specially the way the offered to correct it with some freebies.

Give them the benefit of the doubt maybe? But definitely check your bill next time :)

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.03.2018  ·  #7
Had a kind of similar experience with Mercedes, can’t fault the Car or the cost of servicing. The only issue with it since we got it a year and a half ago is that one of they day time running lights got broken with a stone and Mercedes wanted something between €450 and €500 euro to replace it. To make a long story short I bought a new spurious one from China on eBay for €18 including postage and I fitted it myself. Ok it took a month to come but well worth the wait

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.