The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

Center Parcs Longford

· 
Posted: 23.03.2018  ·  #1
Pardon me folks if this one has been thrashed out before, but here goes. Center Parcs Longford is milling ahead and due for opening in Summer 2019. A long overdue boon for the midlands no doubt. So how cool would it be if camping, or at least MH parking was catered for? I've tried to found out if Cenetr Parcs Uk cater for camping but can’t find anything. My guess is they do not.

Anyone know anything to the contrary? Or at least a nearby Aire and possibility of day pass visits?

Daffysparks

Subject:

Re: Center Parcs Longford

· 
Posted: 23.03.2018  ·  #2
As far as I know no access unless you are booked to stay there. No day trips

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.03.2018  ·  #3
Poo! Will they really keep 500 lodges turning over at premium resort prices throughout the year? May be they would increase their business by allowing either MH parking or day trips. Perhaps Longford could be a good test bed.

Floorman
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.03.2018  ·  #4
Hi The Rambler,
we have a Center Parcs about twenty miles from us (Penrith, Cumbria) and they do not allow camping etc. They run their parks on a very strict basis and only allow you to bring your car to your chalet to unload it and then park it in the car park. Everything you require is within the site including supermarket, restaurants, takeaway's, swimming and all entertainment. They will do day visitors if you want to spend the day in the complex.
So leave your van at home.

Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Autoroller 746
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.03.2018  ·  #5
No way - have stayed numerous times in England and the nearest a MH gets to Center Parcs is left locked up in the carpark for the week / weekend.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.03.2018  ·  #6
Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.03.2018  ·  #7
Was listening to a program on radio a while ago, had their spokesperson/manager on. He said they had no plans for day visitors, a minimum of one preferably 2 or more night stay, and that it wouldn’t be fair on those who were staying, if day visitors came in daily, added congestion and then left In The evening again. I’m paraphrasing but that’s what the man said

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.03.2018  ·  #8
Well I guess I’ll be leaving my camper at home. Time will tell if day tripping is allowed

AdiH
AdiH
My Motorhome: Challenger
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.03.2018  ·  #9
I heard that same radio 1 interview too and the CEO confirmed there will definitely be no day trips allowed and there was even an insinuation that aside from employment it won't benefit local retailers or restaurants at all as the business model relies on people not leaving the complex.

Floorman
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.03.2018  ·  #10
I am so sorry, I think I have misled you nice people.
When I went in as a day visitor it was as a guest of a member of staff and I have since found out that they do not allow day trippers.I stand corrected!
However, when they first opened they did invite people from the nearby village for a look around.
Now I will go and bury my head.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

on Center Parcs Longford

· 
Posted: 24.03.2018  ·  #11
I remember some of the hype about this when the planning went in , at no stage was it clear what was going to be built was an English holiday camp in the middle of Longford. I wonder if all the food and service's will be shipped in also.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.03.2018  ·  #12
Quote by sprinter

I remember some of the hype about this when the planning went in , at no stage was it clear what was going to be built was an English holiday camp in the middle of Longford. I wonder if all the food and service's will be shipped in also.

Most certainly yes..... they will.

Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Autoroller 746
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.03.2018  ·  #13
Quote by Daffysparks

Quote by sprinter

Most certainly yes..... they will.

The main benefit to the area will be local employment and some local businesses will benefit i.e. people tend to shop locally before arriving at Center Parcs, maintenance contractors are local, hotels nearby so people can arrive early / leave late on changeover days etc. Their on site supermarkets tend to source some local produce. Places like Penrith, Nottinghamshire etc benefit significantly from Center Parcs.

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.03.2018  ·  #14
Quote by Floorman

I am so sorry, I think I have misled you nice people.
When I went in as a day visitor it was as a guest of a member of staff and I have since found out that they do not allow day trippers.I stand corrected!
However, when they first opened they did invite people from the nearby village for a look around.
Now I will go and bury my head.

That’s quite alright Floorman. I get it now. No camping, no day trips.

My wife and I once camped out in Yosemite National park, California. You could chose from expensive accommodation in gorgeous hotel lodges or rough it out in a tent ( if you don’t mind the bears). We booked into one of those basic two person canvas huts. We saw the most amazing RVs there. Anyway, Center Parcs is a different experience I guess. That’s fair enough too. It should be a good boost to the area.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.07.2019  ·  #15

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.07.2019  ·  #16
Quote by gavster1

Rip off or what? I suppose in today's world of commercial industries we are getting more used to these kind of rip offs.
People should boycott these organisations where possible but then they know that some families can only ever get away together at these designated times.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Center Parcs Longford

· 
Posted: 15.07.2019  ·  #17
What else would you expect. They have just joined the clan , Airline, Ferries, Hotels , every time there is anything on, or there is a school break, they have a free licences by Government to screw everybody especially the family with children.
I could only wish a natural disaster on the whole lot of them. :devil: :devil:

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.07.2019  ·  #18
Quote by sprinter

What else would you expect. They have just joined the clan , Airline, Ferries, Hotels , every time there is anything on, or there is a school break, they have a free licences by Government to screw everybody especially the family with children.

Martin it is nothing more than commercial marketing which they get away with at the expense of the family who do not have a choice.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Center Parcs Longford

· 
Posted: 15.07.2019  ·  #19
Quote by ntg

Quote by sprinter

Martin it is nothing more than commercial marketing which they get away with at the expense of the family who do not have a choice.

I totally agree,but that doesn't make it honest or legit, the Powers that be allow it they should be made put their pricing on a yearly base's,and average it out.and then be made stick to it.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.07.2019  ·  #20
Quote by sprinter

Quote by ntg

Quote by sprinter

I totally agree,but that doesn't make it honest or legit, the Powers that be allow it they should be made put their pricing on a yearly base's,and average it out.and then be made stick to it.

Could not agree more but we are seen as the part of the population that can be exploited.
These big consortiums will always exploit every avenue open to them.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.