Parking in Normandy

Tomo76
Craic'er
Subject:

Parking in Normandy

· 
Posted: 19.03.2018  ·  #1
Hi all,

We're heading to France late July into Cherbourg. Plan is a couple of days around the landing sites and a visit to the graveyard at Colville Sur Me.
Any recommendations for Aires or similar. We have a couple of kids so near a beach would be best.
Thanks in advance

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

Re: Parking in Normandy

· 
Posted: 19.03.2018  ·  #2
You will have no,problem in and round that area as there are lots of Aires and places to park. Get a copy of all the Aires of France and you’ll be ok?

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.03.2018  ·  #3
I echo Jacks suggestions. Lots of places to park there, lots to see and lots of interesting places.
The Campercontact app lists nearly all the Aires, it is excellent and it’s relatively inexpensive.
Enjoy your trip, it’s an excellent area and definately an interesting place to visit.

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.03.2018  ·  #4
Two I use are the Aire at Trouville/Deauville. There is a large beach here.It’s on the Boulevard des Sports. The other is at Arromanches, not sure of the name of the street

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.03.2018  ·  #5
14 Rue Eisenhower, 50480 Sainte-Mère-Église, France
This the American Airborne Museum in Normandy. Behind it is the local aire. The Utah beach landings are only 10-15 minutes away along with the American cemeteries.
This is less than a hour from Cherbourg. We stopped here last August after our ferry but our only regert was that we didn't stay longer.
Malcolm

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.03.2018  ·  #6
I’ve been to Normandy quite a few times but never in a motorhome but I do have the All the Aires book and there are lots round there as others have said. Carentan, St Mere Eglise if you want a town and Utah beach if you want to be near a beach and a museum.

I have taken a couple of photos of pages from All the Aires for the Normandy beach area but it won’t upload due to the file size. Never had an issue with it before.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2018  ·  #7
Quote by gavster1

I’ve been to Normandy quite a few times but never in a motorhome but I do have the All the Aires book and there are lots round there as others have said. Carentan, St Mere Eglise if you want a town and Utah beach if you want to be near a beach and a museum.

I have taken a couple of photos of pages from All the Aires for the Normandy beach area but it won’t upload due to the file size. Never had an issue with it before.

You need an app caled image size to make the photo smaller, 600 ×800 . It save the photo into it's own file in your gallery, and you can upload it. I have only figured this out in the last few days with help from here.
Sorry for hijacking the thread.
Malcolm

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.