Love's the Craic
Homepage: declangrady.com
My Motorhome: 2006 Knaus Sun Traveller 650LG-RM
Base Vehicle: Renault Master dci140
Subject:

Silverstone F1

· 
Posted: 16.01.2018  ·  #1
Santa dropped off a couple of tickets for the Formula 1 weekend at Silverstone in July.

We went to France last summer with Irish Ferries, we have the "free trip to britain" and paying the extras for peak season, etc, makes it very enticing to bring the MH and stay at the track. Arrive Thursday, get the whole weekend's racing and entertainment, and leave Monday morning for home.

The "Woodlands" campsite is booked up for spaces with electricity, so I've been looking at the other "campsites" close by, as I'd rather have electricity from Thursday to Monday for phone/tablet charging, lighting, heating, etc. I don't think we'd make 4 nights on battery.

Has anyone been to Silverstone for an F1 weekend, and any experience of any of these "campsites/farmer's fields" ?

Whittlebury Park
Hamilton Fields
Windmill Farm
Dadford Road

I'm not too fussy as long as I have power, water & waste dumping, and not too far to walk to the track & back. 8-)

Thanks.

Subject:

Re: Silverstone F1

· 
Posted: 16.01.2018  ·  #2
We looked into it a couple of years ago but didn't go. I think the campsite we looked at was called wittle berry or something like that.
Hope that helps

dealgan
Love's the Craic
Homepage: declangrady.com
My Motorhome: 2006 Knaus Sun Traveller 650LG-RM
Base Vehicle: Renault Master dci140
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.01.2018  ·  #3
Yes, there is one called Whittlebury Park, which is a golf course very close by.

You can see the circuit highlighted at the top of this picture.

Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.01.2018  ·  #4
That's the one.
I think it was the best we could find that was close but as I mentioned, it didn't happen.

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.01.2018  ·  #5
Might be worth fitting a solar panel and staying at Woodlands. You could stay for a week with no EHU. Depends on the cost!

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.