Dingle Harbour

Overnight Parking

Pan European
Subject:

Dingle Harbour

· 
Posted: 29.10.2012  ·  #1
Anybody ever get ticketed / clamped while parking overnight in Dingle Harbour carpark? There are signs saying No Overnight Parking for campervans and caravans. I have stayed a couple of times, and there always seems to be a few vans parked up.
Would hate to wake up some morning and find a ticket on the windscreen, or worse, a clamped wheel!

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

Re: Dingle Harbour

· 
Posted: 29.10.2012  ·  #2
Like yourself John , we stayed there overnight last year and there was surely 10 vans parked there that night, we left early the next morning but all the other vans were still there. I too would like to hear more answers to your question as it is a nice Town.

biffo
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Dingle

· 
Posted: 29.10.2012  ·  #3
It's been a few years since we stayed in Dingle........but when we did we were told if you made an effort to put some sort of a parking ticket on the windscreen.......you were pretty much left alone. We stayed over two nights running and displayed a parking ticket and we weren't too early leaving....no problems. However....that was a few years ago.....it may have changed since.
The only negative was.......we were out of water and found a tap and hose along the quay. There was a couple of fishermen working on a trawler and I asked if I could get some water.......no problem ' help yourself ' which we did. A few minutes into the fill a guy came running up and told me to take the hose out immediately and what did I think I was doing.? I said it was obvious and at this point the guys working on the trawler started giving him a hard time and told him I had asked. He still wasn't impressed but I got me water. Tuned out later he was the harbour master......welcome to Dingle :up: :sleep:

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.