franco
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Galway Races

· 
Posted: 30.07.2017  ·  #1
Hi folks, quick question, thinking of going to Galway Races next week. Thought I might stay in O'Hallorans, ( not booked in yet) and bus to races. Just wondering if there are facilities at the races themselves for overnight parking of campers, and how much etc?? I did a search of threads, but did not see any info.
Regards
Franco

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

Re: Galway Races

· 
Posted: 30.07.2017  ·  #2
We have stayed in O Hallorans during race week. There a bus stop outside the gate to Eyre Square and then you transfer onto a shuttle bus to the race course. I am not familiar with any motorhome stops on the Ballybrit side of Galway.
It is 5 years since we have done race week and it was €75 for a 3 night stay in O Hallorans.
The docklands in Galway work out at €26 for 24 hours in parking charges but an option could be park free on the promenade in Salthill at 8 am and return to docklands at 7pm and pay €4 overnight until 8 am. My wife and kids done that earlier in the week for a few days, but given that it is race week there will be pressure on space.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.07.2017  ·  #3
Certain campsite operators brought the 6 Metre Rule to the attention of the Fire Officer in relation to the parking at Cobh, in an attempt to stop the project.
It would be most interesting to get reportage on how it was observed at certain campsites around Galway during race week.

franco
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.07.2017  ·  #4
Thanks Thorn123, and Baguette for info. Looks like O'Hallorans is best bet. I would think 6mtr rule would be facilitiated there, assuming we can book in, I view of races.
Franco

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.07.2017  ·  #5
Franco, O Hallorans operate two sites, the original I think is called Bay view and the second one is very seasonal in a field beside the spindlemakers pub. It was the second one that we stayed in which was basic, with shared power points and nearly outdoor toilets.

franco
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.07.2017  ·  #6
Tks Thorn123, I was aware they had 2 sites, but not that 1 was seasonal. We will try and get into the field site.
Franco

TAYLOR.
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: kencarrolladaptati…
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.07.2017  ·  #7
Salthill is still a no no,I was out there yesterday vans parked there under on motor home parking signs,there was a discussion on local radio this morning about MH parking in Galway and how they think they can pull up anywhere they want,the radio presenter said to ring the county council and get them moved,he is against MH.
So parking in Salthill or anywhere you are not wanted in Galway can only lead to total ban on MH . o.O

On the 6 meter apart,I was in a campsite one bank holiday weekend that was very busy and packed in, there was a phone call made to the fire officer who duly came out and closed the site until every one was 6 mts apart. :up:

franco
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

O hallorans

· 
Posted: 07.08.2017  ·  #8
Just an update on O'Hallorans: I phoned to book but they do not take prebookings. I was advised that if I got there early there would be no problem getting in.
However due to an urgent babysitting request we did not travel.
Regards
Franco

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.