Kenmare Harbour

ECD
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Kenmare Harbour

· 
Posted: 14.07.2017  ·  #1
Is it still common practice and acceptable for campers to ignore 'no overnight' sign at Kenmare Harbour?

ECD

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

Re: Kenmare Harbour

· 
Posted: 14.07.2017  ·  #2
Quote by ECD

Is it still common practice and acceptable for campers to ignore 'no overnight' sign at Kenmare Harbour?

ECD

Yes, the signs have no legal standing and were only put up to placate some who complained while other locals had no problem with MH's parking there.
I am told the Pier Road is outside area patrolled by the traffic warden for the town.

It has been mentioned that the car park opposite the church on Railway Road could become the official MH parking place for the town, but the last time I visited there, during 2016 the height barriers were still up.

ECD
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Kenmare

· 
Posted: 14.07.2017  ·  #3
Thanks for that - good to know.

ECD

Breeze
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Knaus Sun Ti 650
Base Vehicle: Renault Master
Subject:

Kenmare & Castletownbere

· 
Posted: 05.08.2017  ·  #4
The car park opposite the church on Railway Road still has height barriers ie 24th July 2017, difficult to find parking. We ended up staying in Sneem for €15 including EHU €10 without. Great spot.
Another good spot is Castletownbere Golf Club they have EHU fresh water and chemical toilet disposal , great views but very quite.
Also parked up in the Quays in Castletownbere no problems some nice pubs and restaurants.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.