StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Which 12v Tv dvd combo

· 
Posted: 20.04.2017  ·  #1
I have read previous posts and I'm aware cello appears good value for money but sound not great. Avtex more expensive but a 3 year guarantee. For me one of mine concerns is the viewing angle on my last 16" cello we had to be level with screen or tilt it accordingly oh and it stopped working within a month of getting it. So I'm after <22" tv dvd combo not worried about a built in sat box as we won't have a use for it.
It seems the main options are walker, cello and avtex any opinions of the above based on my requirements are very welcome. It won't be used as a tv just for dvds on rainy days.
Thanks in advance.
I have a wall mount but it doesn't appear to tilt just slides out and Amanda prefers a seat which is almost at a right angle to the tv mounting bracket.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Which 12v Tv dvd combo

· 
Posted: 20.04.2017  ·  #2
We have a Walker and can sit at any angle in the van. Although I think Pat he said he couldn't with his, but it was older. If I was changing, it would be another Walker.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.04.2017  ·  #3
I have had my Cello now for roughly five years and no problems, would I get another, yes. I have had it in a couple of different locations and never had an issue with viewing angle.

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.04.2017  ·  #4
We have the walker as well and happy with it,

Chevy g20
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.04.2017  ·  #5
Happy with the Walker too.

oldautotrailer
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: autohomes windfall
Base Vehicle: 1999 peugeot boxer 1.9td
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.04.2017  ·  #6
we have the walker too and have had no problem.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.04.2017  ·  #7
Quote by Ally

We have a Walker and can sit at any angle in the van. Although I think Pat he said he couldn't with his, but it was older. If I was changing, it would be another Walker.

Meant to come back on this one Ally, When we bought the Walker, we saw one on display, it was 240V with a 240V To 12V Transformer on the Power Cord so I said I would cut the cable and put a 12V plug on it. when we got home from Dublin and took the Tv out of the Box I discovered this one had an internal Transformer, I never got round to opening the back to see If I could wire it 12V. Some one mentioned that the 240v had a bad viewing angle alright. The sound is better on the Walker than the cello but I would'nt knock it

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.04.2017  ·  #8
Thanks for the replys, Walker is coming out tops so far.

R&N
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Lyseo 700 TD Auto
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.04.2017  ·  #9
We have a small 14" digihome tv/DVD combo which has an external 240/12 volt external transformer. I had intended to cut the cable and run it off the 12 volt, but was concerned that when on mains the voltage maybe a bit much, charger runs at 14 volts. Found a 12 to 240 v inverter at Lidl or Aldi, 100w capacity and it is perfect as TV only rated at less than 20 watt, TV needs to be angled correctly to see it, our mounting swivels and tilts. Haven't seen this make again but we bought it in Power City and it has been great for about 6 years. I agree that Walker tv's are very good, we have 3 and they perform well at home.

presstout1
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 896f
Base Vehicle: Fait Ducato 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.04.2017  ·  #10
We bought a 16" Cello & while it wasn't a bad wee TV, there was a viewing angle issue with it.
When we bought a Snipe, we bit the bullet & went for Avtek 22". Only have it about 6 months, but very pleased so far.

copperman
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Elangh 120super
Base Vehicle: Renault master
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.05.2017  ·  #11
i bought a walker 19 tv dvd combo of reillys of enniskillen good tv and got a discount because i told him i was in motorhomecraic, 199 pounds great value

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.05.2017  ·  #12
For those of you with 12v TV's, do you use a direct feed from the Campers 12v leisure system or do you use some form of switch mode converter to give a regulated feed?

The reason I ask is that my van came with a 12V Cello which is connected by the original AC adapter to an inverter which is connected into a 12v outlet. It seems like a significant waste of power.

I'm guessing that the best setup would regulate both voltage and current but it may be perfectly tolerant of a direct 12v DC feed with the associated voltage fluctuations and no governance of current.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.05.2017  ·  #13
I have a 12v cello & just plug it straight into one of the two existing cigarette lighter sockets that feed off the leisure battery using the 12v lead that came with the TV. Had to get an EU to U.K adapter. I knew the sound quality would be poor so use a rechargeable speaker which means even less draw on the leisure battery.

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.05.2017  ·  #14
Quote by gavster1

I have a 12v cello & just plug it straight into one of the two existing cigarette lighter sockets that feed off the leisure battery using the 12v lead that came with the TV. Had to get an EU to U.K adapter. I knew the sound quality would be poor so use a rechargeable speaker which means even less draw on the leisure battery.

Are there any markings on that 12v lead indicating that the output voltage and current are controlled or is it simply a cable with connectors at either end?

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.05.2017  ·  #15
The Cello came with two leads - one with a 3 pin plug (which I had to connect to a 2 pin EU plug for a LHD van) and the other is just a cigarette lighter end. Both have a black box half way along the lead which I assume take care of the different voltages I assume.

Works a treat either way & have not noticed any issues with viewing angle. I don't plan to use DVDs in it but run a USB extention lead to an external USB powered hard drive which contains movies, music etc. I use a little £5 digital aerial from eBay which works a treat! Just retune the tv using the QuickStart button when you move location and you are good to go. I use a coaxial extention to run allow the aerial to reach the kitchen window for better reception.

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.05.2017  ·  #16
Quote by gavster1

The Cello came with two leads - one with a 3 pin plug (which I had to connect to a 2 pin EU plug for a LHD van) and the other is just a cigarette lighter end. Both have a black box half way along the lead which I assume take care of the different voltages I assume.

Works a treat either way & have not noticed any issues with viewing angle. I don't plan to use DVDs in it but run a USB extention lead to an external USB powered hard drive which contains movies, music etc. I use a little £5 digital aerial from eBay which works a treat! Just retune the tv using the QuickStart button when you move location and you are good to go. I use a coaxial extention to run allow the aerial to reach the kitchen window for better reception.

Thanks for the info, the box on the 12v lead is most likely a switch mode converter giving a constant 12v output so probably not wise to hook up directly to the 12v leisure without something similar. Off to check eBay and amazon... :)

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.