eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

webasto

· 
Posted: 18.09.2012  ·  #1
does anyone know if a webasto diesel water heater can be converted to run on the van gas system as mine is running on road diesel at the moment which is a very expensive way to heat the van

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

Re: webasto

· 
Posted: 18.09.2012  ·  #2
I doubt it, you could fit a small tank and run it on green/red diesel, but I thought they were light on diesel.

Blag
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: 1980 Coachmen Leprechaun
Base Vehicle: GMC G35 Vandura. 6.7 Litre Chevy V8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.09.2012  ·  #3
Quote by CHAUSSON

I doubt it, you could fit a small tank and run it on red/green diesel, but I thought they were light on diesel.

And maybe you could run a diverter to run the van off your "red/green diesel" tank as a backup reserve... O-) :whistle: Just make sure the red/green tank can hold <150 litres just in case its a cold winter...

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.09.2012  ·  #4
i have just read the manual (a good idea ) and i doubt if it can be converted going by their figures it costs about e1.25 per hour its in a chausson van i dont know why they thought road diesel was a good way to heat the van especially if you took it sking ( in france )or something like that when it would be on 24 hrs a day the second tank ( red/green )would cause problems passing the doe test thanks guys

Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.09.2012  ·  #5
I thought only petrol engines could be converted to gas. Didn't think any diesel could.

PaulH
Paid up member.
Homepage: thespaceplace.info
My Motorhome: Thor Axis on LPG.
Base Vehicle: Ford E350 v10.
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.09.2012  ·  #6
I think he was refering to a conversion for the heater only, but , gas is far more explosive than diesel, so, in a diesel heater, that would be a non starter. Although you would get very warm very, very quickly....! :lol:

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.