Viktor
Full Member - Likes the Underworld film series
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Games of Thrones Tour Northern Ireland

· 
Posted: 09.06.2013  ·  #1
For those of you interested in following in the footsteps of the Game of Thrones tours are starting to become offered with the locations of filming listed. There are many sites dotted across the counties not all of which are listed in this link which concentrates mainly on County Antrim.

However more locations will be posted here as they become listed (such as Castleward and Tollymore Forest).

A map is available at this site.

http://www.causewaycoastandgle…T1163.aspx

Subject:

Re: Games of Thrones Tour Northern Ireland

· 
Posted: 09.06.2013  ·  #2
Nice one Viktor.

That would be in interesting tour to do.
We saw a snow scene being created in Tollymore during summer about 3 years ago. We got chatting to the set builders and saw how they made snow etc.

Viktor
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.06.2013  ·  #3
Nipped over to the exhibition at the Titanic Centre - well worth the visit as it was a free exhibition and no queues this afternoon.

More here http://interact.discovernorthernireland.com/gotexhibition

Here are some images from the exhibition (just a few so as not to spoil it for those of you who want to go).
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

Viktor
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.06.2013  ·  #4
Continued....
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.06.2013  ·  #5
:up:

Shivster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Six berth named Milly with cute red heart interior! Eurostyle emphasis on style
Base Vehicle: Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.12.2013  ·  #6
I am awaiting the next book with baited breath....wish he would get on with it 🇧🇭
Thanks Viktor I would love to go to the titanic centre have not been in Belfast in years.

t18con
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Camper, built not bought
Base Vehicle: Vw Caddy 2l, 110bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.05.2015  ·  #7
If any of you are big fans, I've heard that HBO have acquired the old Ulster Weavers site at Corbett, Banbridge and there's currently a ship built in the car park with blue screens, etc.

Patsonline
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Hymer B544 1997
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.06.2015  ·  #8
[quote="Viktor]
For those of you interested in following in the footsteps of the Game of Thrones tours are starting to become offered with the locations of filming listed. There are many sites dotted across the counties not all of which are listed in this link which concentrates mainly on County Antrim.

However more locations will be posted here as they become listed (such as Castleward and Tollymore Forest).

A map is available at this site.

http://www.causewaycoastandgle…T1163.aspx
[/quote]

Thank you Viktor for this information I have downloaded the maps just now!

I am wondering if any other members have done this route in their motorhome? or if any are considering it? we fancy giving it a go as we are avid readers/watchers of the Game of thrones. We would love to do this tour .... perhaps someone else here fancies joining us? Please let us know.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.10.2015  ·  #9
jonesie90
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.05.2016  ·  #10
Awesome!

Mattmobile3
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Fiat Tribute T669 2015
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.04.2017  ·  #11
Apologies for resurrecting this post, but I have a question for you hardcore motorhomers regarding one of the Game of Thrones locations - beautiful Ballintoy.

We overnighted there a few times, but not in the last year or so as the then Moyle council put up No Overnight Parking signs, following a jobsworth placing flyers under motorhome windscreen wipers warning them not to stay overnight.

We haven't had the balls to stay there again, but we're going to chance it soon. I was just wondering if anyone has stayed atbthe harbour recently, and if there had been any repercussions. It's one of our favourite stops; so lovely to fall asleep and wake up to the sound of the sea!

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.04.2017  ·  #12
My advice is go and enjoy,it will take more than a sign to make me think otherwise.
Faceless bureaucrats who think that they can drive us all into over priced campsites that we do not want to be in.
I park prequently in many areas where these signs are and to date have not had any problems.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.04.2017  ·  #13
Quote by Mattmobile3

Apologies for resurrecting this post, but I have a question for you hardcore motorhomers regarding one of the Game of Thrones locations - beautiful Ballintoy.

We overnighted there a few times, but not in the last year or so as the then Moyle council put up No Overnight Parking signs, following a jobsworth placing flyers under motorhome windscreen wipers warning them not to stay overnight.

We haven't had the balls to stay there again, but we're going to chance it soon. I was just wondering if anyone has stayed atbthe harbour recently, and if there had been any repercussions. It's one of our favourite stops; so lovely to fall asleep and wake up to the sound of the sea!

If you decide to stay there after the Easter hollidays drop me a PM and we will do our best to come down and meet you.

Mattmobile3
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Fiat Tribute T669 2015
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.04.2017  ·  #14
We may well get there the weekend after Easter, or the early May bank holiday at the latest...hopefully in our new home on wheels!
Hubby is braver than I to ignore such signs, but with our new camper, we can quickly move on if asked to do so (no bed to put away or roof to pull down!).
It'll be lovely to meet some like-minded folk who obviously appreciate our beautiful places more than our local officials :)
Thanks for the encouragement!

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.04.2017  ·  #15
Quote by Mattmobile3

We may well get there the weekend after Easter, or the early May bank holiday at the latest...hopefully in our new home on wheels!
Hubby is braver than I to ignore such signs, but with our new camper, we can quickly move on if asked to do so (no bed to put away or roof to pull down!).
It'll be lovely to meet some like-minded folk who obviously appreciate our beautiful places more than our local officials :)
Thanks for the encouragement!

Keep us posted and we will do our best to be there

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.04.2017  ·  #16
I never worry about these signs as many of them are put up to protect authorities. I just park and if anyone challenges me I just move on. The majority of these signs mean nothing anyway in my opinion. One can always say, oh sorry I never saw the sign.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.