Where to get Chevrolet services kit??

airtoday20
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Where to get Chevrolet services kit??

· 
Posted: 23.01.2017  ·  #1
Hey folks, I'm new to this whole RV end of things & am delighted to stumble across this gem of a place. . However I am in a bit of a pickle. Is there anyone on here thats knows where to get parts or a service kit for American RVs. I have one and I'm trying to find parts for it & it's proving to be difficult. I've tried Chevrolet Ireland & UK but the chassis number doesn't register on there systems. Any pointers would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
What I'm mainly lookin for in Brake pads & discs, air/oil filters & the likes..

Anthony

Chevy g20
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Where to get Chevrolet services kit??

· 
Posted: 23.01.2017  ·  #2
Chevy vin decoder
http://chevroletforum.com/forum/vindecoder.php,
The vin is normally on the top of the dash at the left hand side, usually a metal plate rivotted in a cut out on the dash.

For parts I always used Rock autos in the states. When ordering make sure the goods all come from the same warehouse as it affects the shipping charges. It may be a case of ordering a set of spark plugs that are 2 dollars dearer to keep the goods coming from the same warehouse. Take care when selecting the delivery option. I always choose Fedex priority and taxes and fees were paid prior to dispatch and the goods arrived within 3-4 days in N.Ireland. If you choose usps option the goods can take up to 45 days and wont be released to you when they arrive at customs til the tax and handling charges have been paid.
Cost wise the parts are very cheap in the states, unfortunately the postage can be twice as expensive as the parts. However they are seldom as dear as european vehicle parts when the postage is added.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/

Filters are often available in the uk for example the chevy 350 5.7 lire v8 uses a fram PH30 filter, belts and serpantines are standard and can be purchased from motor factors.

Brake pads etc are available on Rockautos site. The trick with these is to look for a union jack on the delivery truck symbol beside the description. This means that they are available from the UK manufacture direct eg EBC brakes and therefore much cheaper to ship. Strangely these deliveries take longer, perhaps a week.
Best of luck with the rv
Paul

Chevy g20
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.01.2017  ·  #3
Real Steel in the UK will have many of the service parts, even full replacement engines, not sure about brakes, but it is usually cheaper to ship directly from the states.
http://www.realsteel.co.uk/

airtoday20
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.01.2017  ·  #4
Thanks for the info lads. That's great to get, I'll start back on the hunt in the morning again, At the moment I'm trying to narrow down exactly what Chassis they built the camper on.. ooh the fun times

Chevy g20
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.01.2017  ·  #5
The vin should indicate whether it is a cut away heavy duty chassis or a workhorse chassis etc

airtoday20
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.01.2017  ·  #6
The Chassis number is 1GBJP37JMX3307331, the link y I u posted above was Very helpful with my search. . Altho that Vin No doesn't appear to be recognised anywhere I think I've it narrowed down. It was built on a Chevrolet P-30 chassis. . All I need to do is confirm this & I'm away with it.

willie
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.01.2017  ·  #7
Fyffes motor factors Ballymena branch were able to supply brake pads and oil filters, N&P tyres in Ballymena were able to supply new tyres for my Chevy Workhorse based RV, Signature RV are the UK Workhorse agent. Hope this is some help.

PaulH
Paid up member.
Homepage: thespaceplace.info
My Motorhome: Thor Axis on LPG.
Base Vehicle: Ford E350 v10.
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.01.2017  ·  #8
As Willie has said, engine service parts are easy over here, Fram etc, I've had no problem getting belts, air and oil filters. Autogas conversions in Dungannon, although specializing in LPG conversions, they're pretty expert in US engines/vehicles and they've worked on 2 of my RV's. They're nice guys and they'll point you in the right direction.

airtoday20
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.01.2017  ·  #9
Thanks for the info lads. All very helpful & I hope to see ya on a campsite soon enough.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.