Forums » Motorhome Parking

May day weekend

• 163 posts
    April 28, 2021 9:06 PM BST
    No doubt this coming weekend will be mayhem but I will happily head to an isolated spot just to get out.
    • 114 posts
    April 28, 2021 9:11 PM BST
    We're still stuck in our own county so it may not be too bad, it's the summer when everyone is trying to get into too few places when the fun will start
    • 163 posts
    April 28, 2021 9:20 PM BST
    The Motorhomes on our roads recently is very noticable,onwards and upwards.

Hopefully it will not be to long until everyone gets back to some kind of normal.
    • 2 posts
    April 28, 2021 9:23 PM BST
    Weather permitting I'm thinking heading to brittas Bay car park is it open
  • April 28, 2021 9:56 PM BST
    Eirebus said:
    We're still stuck in our own county so it may not be too bad, it's the summer when everyone is trying to get into too few places when the fun will start
  • April 28, 2021 9:59 PM BST
    i tryed to book a campsite cause im still sort off new to vanning about the place and bring the child along because they havnt been out much and the 3 main sites that are close to me havnt got a saturday night for one night to the 4 sept
    • 51 posts
    April 28, 2021 10:45 PM BST
    Steven Farrell said:
    Weather permitting I'm thinking heading to brittas Bay car park is it open

It appears to be Steven....Not sure if that includes the height barriers being opened also?

https://wicklownews.net/2020/03/brittas-bay-car-park-open-to-public-free-of-charge/
    • 199 posts
    April 28, 2021 10:48 PM BST
    jasonn mcconnville said:
    i tryed to book a campsite cause im still sort off new to vanning about the place and bring the child along because they havnt been out much and the 3 main sites that are close to me havnt got a saturday night for one night to the 4 sept

Unfortunately that's the way it's going to be this year but hopefully you'll get booked on somewhere. Enjoy your travels when you can.
  • May 1, 2021 8:43 PM BST
    Ger McClinton said:
    jasonn mcconnville said:

Unfortunately that's the way it's going to be this year but hopefully you'll get booked on somewhere. Enjoy your travels when you can.

• May 1, 2021 8:46 PM BST
    Yeh ger lad ,got into a site on the north east coast , Scotland in view out the front window, when are yous out of your county
    • 163 posts
    May 1, 2021 10:10 PM BST
    jasonn mcconnville said:

I would say that one nighters are going to be a no no for some time.

The demand is going to our strip supply.
    • 199 posts
    May 1, 2021 10:58 PM BST
    jasonn mcconnville said:
    Yeh ger lad ,got into a site on the north east coast , Scotland in view out the front window, when are yous out of your county

Jason i think travel outside the county comes in to play on the 10th May....fingers crossed
  • May 3, 2021 1:00 PM BST
    good stuff, then it will bucket down probably ,sunday morning we were eatin large brakfast fry over looking drains bay as the stena ferry was commin in from stranraer with the sun blinding ye ,now imagine all them them caravanners with all their gear trying to pack away awnings in that down pour, mad this morning one day later, mad
    • 199 posts
    May 3, 2021 2:36 PM BST
    jasonn mcconnville said:
    good stuff, then it will bucket down probably

That's probably what will happen LOL
    • 44 posts
    May 3, 2021 8:40 PM BST
    Paul is the only soul left in the Hook tonight.
    It must gave been rough in a van down there last night and this morning. gusting 91kph at 12 noon today.
    • 199 posts
    May 3, 2021 11:04 PM BST
    Sprinter. said:
    It must gave been rough in a van down there last night and this morning. gusting 91kph at 12 noon today.

Wouldn't have fancied that...rough alright
    • 114 posts
    May 3, 2021 11:28 PM BST
    Sprinter. said:

I don't know how he does it Martin and the condition of that van has to be getting worse all the time, hoping to get down there next week
  • May 4, 2021 8:41 PM BST
    Eirebus said:
    Sprinter. said:

I don't know how he does it Martin and the condition of that van has to be getting worse all the time, hoping to get down there next week
  • May 4, 2021 8:42 PM BST
    when the campervans rockin (get the thing into gear and get away from the coast )
    • 114 posts
    May 4, 2021 11:21 PM BST
    jasonn mcconnville said:
    when the campervans rockin (get the thing into gear and get away from the coast )

The van is there permanently, homeless person named Paul living in it, talk to him if you can if you're down there nice guy
    • 199 posts
    May 5, 2021 9:08 AM BST
    Eirebus said:

The van is there permanently, homeless person named Paul living in it, talk to him if you can if you're down there nice guy

Didn't know that Dave. Has he been there long? We've only been to Hook once before...it's beautiful but rough spot.
    • 44 posts
    May 5, 2021 5:44 PM BST
    This is probably his 4th year now.
    • 199 posts
    May 5, 2021 7:10 PM BST
    Sprinter. said:
    This is probably his 4th year now.

My god Martin... would not fancy being there in the heart of winter. If we get down again would he happy to have a chat as Dave was saying?.
    • 163 posts
    May 5, 2021 7:11 PM BST
    Hardy man there alright.\ud83d\udc4d
  • May 5, 2021 7:24 PM BST
    Eirebus said:
    jasonn mcconnville said: