Forums » Website Help

What happened to the MHC site?

• 2 posts
    April 28, 2021 5:43 PM BST
    Hi all,

I just registered with the new site. What happened to the old MHC site?
    • 196 posts
    April 28, 2021 6:00 PM BST
    Welcome to the new home of Motorhomecraic David, it doesn't take too long to get used to it, try the different buttons and see what they do
    • 2 posts
    April 28, 2021 7:30 PM BST
    The new site looks great, all credit to those who put it together. I was just a bit surprised. It seemed to come out of nowhere
    • 727 posts
    April 28, 2021 7:37 PM BST
    David said:
    The new site looks great, all credit to those who put it together. I was just a bit surprised. It seemed to come out of nowhere

To be fair to Ally i would say that quite a bit of backroom work went into getting this new site up and running.
    • 22 posts
    April 28, 2021 9:25 PM BST
    Yes, well done to those involved in designing the new site. It’s certainly very modern and like all Apple products easily manoeuvred around for a novice like me. I think those who designed it may have been influenced bu Apple? \ud83d\ude1d
    • 79 posts
    April 28, 2021 9:50 PM BST
    Jack Therev said:
    Yes, well done to those involved in designing the new site. It’s certainly very modern and like all Apple products easily manoeuvred around for a novice like me. I think those who designed it may have been influenced bu Apple? \ud83d\ude1d

wars have started over less than a comment like that Jack lol

the old site has been archived so can still be accessed to get at all the useful info it contained.
    • 18 posts
    April 28, 2021 9:50 PM BST
    Congrats Ally, great look and feel. Thanks for your hard work.
    • 727 posts
    April 28, 2021 9:56 PM BST
    Jack Therev said:

Comments like that Jack will probably have that man frothing at the mouth.emoticon_img

He is so anti Apple I doubt it he would even eat one just off the tree.emoticon_img
    • 575 posts
    April 29, 2021 9:34 AM BST
    David said:
    Hi all,

I just registered with the new site. What happened to the old MHC site?

To celebrate ten years old we had a revamp. Emails were sent out, posts were made on the forum it was happening, but it was done quick when it was announced.

Hope you like it, more to come and we will have android and iOS apps to make it even better. :)
    • 575 posts
    April 29, 2021 9:35 AM BST
    Motorhomecraic.com/archive is the address of the closed but still accessable old forum.
    • 45 posts
    April 29, 2021 10:06 AM BST
    Jack Therev said:
    I think those who designed it may have been influenced bu Apple? \ud83d\ude1d

emoticon_imgemoticon_imgemoticon_imgemoticon_img Good to see you back Jack, now stop clowning around and bring back your old avatar.
    • 196 posts
    April 29, 2021 2:29 PM BST
    Flipperdipper said:
    Jack Therev said:
    I think those who designed it may have been influenced bu Apple? \ud83d\ude1d

"emoticon_img""emoticon_img""emoticon_img""emoticon_img" Good to see you back Jack, now stop clowning around and bring back your old avatar.

It's not an avitar it's a character reference, haha
    • 13 posts
    April 29, 2021 10:54 PM BST
    Does anyone know where the links for paying your yearly subscription is?

Geri
    • 575 posts
    April 29, 2021 10:56 PM BST
    Geraldine you are paid up. I'll private message you tomorrow with details.
    • 13 posts
    April 29, 2021 10:57 PM BST
    Thanks Ally x
    • 22 posts
    April 30, 2021 1:30 PM BST
    I don’t have a clue when mine is due o]and if it is how to go about renewing it?
    • 1 posts
    May 2, 2021 3:24 AM BST
    Just wondering why the old site was closed down and the benefits of the new one?... Worked fine I thought
    • 7 posts
    May 2, 2021 10:21 AM BST
    Just getting the hang of the new site over the past few days and am really impressed with the upgrade! I know it takes a hell of a lot of effort to do something like this so thanks all for the hard work and time that has gone into making this happen!
    Justin (craic artist formerly know as 'just_manu') \ud83d\ude00
    • 196 posts
    May 2, 2021 11:06 AM BST
    Tom Bom said:
    Just wondering why the old site was closed down and the benefits of the new one?... Worked fine I thought

This is a more modern and easier maintained (when it's fully up and running) platform
    • 575 posts
    May 3, 2021 8:54 AM BST
    Tom Bom said:

Photo albums, blogs, videos, live chat, activity feed, groups, events, iOS and Android apps plus more, and also keeping a forum which is rare along with everything else.

Pretty obvious *I* thought.
    • 575 posts
    May 3, 2021 9:06 AM BST
    Forgot about classified, easier picture uploading. Pre-loading website links.
    • 91 posts
    May 3, 2021 10:23 AM BST
    I know if I spent a long time totally re-decorating my house, I'd be fairly p***d off if someone visited and said they preferred the old colour scheme.....so I'm choosing my words very carefully! I have to say, at the moment, I'm missing the old site. Maybe it's because I'm using an android phone (I'm no tekkie!) but I found the old site easier to scroll through for a quick snoop or comment. Doubtless I'll get used to the new set-up, this is just an honest personal comment and no offence is intended. I mastered the euro currency, Saorview and CVRT for motorhomes....I can cope with this!
    • 575 posts
    May 3, 2021 10:41 AM BST
    Bound to be a transition period. Humans don't like change and if you have never used Facebook, this design will be alien to you. It's more social media 'like' without the data theft, tracking and other bullshit that comes with Facebook and Twitter etc.

It's a bit clunky at the moment without the apps, but hopefully this week theyll be available.

As I said on the old forum before this happened. "you'll all hate this and me for a few months then come to realise it was a wise decision, I haven't been doing this for 30 years just for the craic" :)

If you managed the CVRT you can do anything, stay strong :D
    • 575 posts
    May 3, 2021 10:49 AM BST
    P.S.
    My wife can use it. Case closed :D
    • 91 posts
    May 3, 2021 10:59 AM BST
    Thanks Ally, I was concerned that my comments might have caused offence. I'm looking forward to the android app, and continued enjoyment from the exploits of the Craic gang.