Forums » Motorhome Tips & Guides

Potty Talk..... How to go in a motorhome

• 70 posts
    April 28, 2021 4:07 PM BST
    Sorry for degrading the conversation but having recently upgraded from a classic VW to a motorhome I was looking forward to having a fixed bathroom rather than a portapoti. I am a big lad, I was a former prop forward in my youth so I find I am struggling to relieve myself. I had hoped that goggle would have some tips but there is nothing I can find.

For a number 1 I have to do a John Snow and take the knee or the splash goes everywhere.

For a number 2 the issue is that I can only fit one "exit" at a time within the gap provided. If I try to tuck everything in the gap its like I am partially closing the exits and it becomes uncomfortable or messy to say the least.

Is it just me or are there any tips to help?
    • 196 posts
    April 29, 2021 12:41 AM BST
    Let's just say, that's just a voyage of discovery you're going to have to do on your own and best of luck
    • 717 posts
    April 29, 2021 8:30 AM BST
    Think you'll have to adapt to it unfortunately or use public/site toilets as much as you can.
    • 70 posts
    April 29, 2021 12:37 PM BST
    Thanks, looks like the porta potti will be added to garage
  • April 29, 2021 12:57 PM BST
    Chris, wonder if you had a separate container for the front end would it make it easier. Something like the pee bottle they give you in hospital. When you have done your business you can empty the bottle into the pot. \ud83e\udd14
    • 125 posts
    April 29, 2021 1:16 PM BST
    You could try a funnel with a bit of hose pipe attached. Might be a problem with the other
  • April 29, 2021 1:20 PM BST
    Chris don’t get mixed up and use the funnel on the back end :) lol
    • 70 posts
    April 29, 2021 1:32 PM BST
    Great tips, the funnel and pipe will be getting a test this weekend. It would work for both 1 & 2's emoticon_img
    • 717 posts
    April 30, 2021 6:36 AM BST
    Chris S said:
    Great tips, the funnel and pipe will be getting a test this weekend. It would work for both 1 & 2's "emoticon_img"

Keep us updated LOL
    • 125 posts
    April 30, 2021 2:57 PM BST
    Just a question, is your aim that bad
    • 70 posts
    April 30, 2021 3:21 PM BST
    My accuracy is great but........ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzcgyk62cHU
    • 717 posts
    April 30, 2021 5:52 PM BST
    Chris S said:
    My accuracy is great but........ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzcgyk62cHU

Brilliant \ud83e\udd23\ud83e\udd23
    • 70 posts
    May 2, 2021 12:29 AM BST
    Funnel and tube did not work as hoped for No 2....... Caused quite a serious contamination of the grey [yellow now] water on first test as most went down the shower drainemoticon_img.

The good news is I have found a new technique that uses careful placement of my parts and body position prior to taking position on the throne. The preparation is a pain as its akin to a Japanese ceremony with getting everything perfect but at least I longer fear completing my task.
    • 717 posts
    May 2, 2021 4:00 PM BST
    Chris S said:
    Funnel and tube did not work as hoped for No 2....... Caused quite a serious contamination of the grey [yellow now] water on first test as most went down the shower drain"emoticon_img".

The good news is I have found a new technique that uses careful placement of my parts and body position prior to taking position on the throne. The preparation is a pain as its akin to a Japanese ceremony with getting everything perfect but at least I longer fear completing my task.

Japanese ceremony.... funny
    • 727 posts
    May 2, 2021 5:53 PM BST
    Some crap being talked here for sure.emoticon_img
    • 717 posts
    May 2, 2021 6:58 PM BST
    NormanNTG Gordon said:
    Some crap being talked here for sure."emoticon_img"

To much crap for Chris that's the problem Norman LOL
    • 125 posts
    May 12, 2021 4:11 PM BST
    I was going to suggest cut a hole in the floor and put a lid on it. No one would know I until you had moved offemoticon_img
    • 717 posts
    May 12, 2021 6:54 PM BST
    Tommy S said:
    I was going to suggest cut a hole in the floor and put a lid on it. No one would know I until you had moved off"emoticon_img"

Good one Tommy LOL
    • 727 posts
    May 12, 2021 7:38 PM BST
    Tommy S said:
    I was going to suggest cut a hole in the floor and put a lid on it. No one would know I until you had moved off"emoticon_img"

Are you really encouraging him to join the club of dirty barstewarts?emoticon_img
    • 727 posts
    May 12, 2021 7:38 PM BST
    Tommy S said:

Are you really encouraging him to join the club of dirty barstewarts?emoticon_img