Forums » Space here today

Portrush Aire

• 24 posts
    June 11, 2021 9:55 AM BST
    Anyone in Portrush Aire ? Is there any room?
    • 727 posts
    June 11, 2021 6:29 PM BST
    Daniel Kennedy said:
    Anyone in Portrush Aire ? Is there any room?

There were some motorhomes in it this morning but with the amount of motorhomes i saw heading in that direction today i would say you would have more chance of a lottery win this weekend than you would have of getting a space in there now.
    • 24 posts
    June 12, 2021 10:03 AM BST
    Thanks Norman, you were right it was completely chocka even the 2 service bays! I counted 15 down at the seafront and several circulating the town. A friend of mine who lives in Portrush told me that several vans got parking tickets last weekend at the Landsdown Rd area. The council could do more at the Aire given that it will be some time for coach tours to commence. Those coach spaces could be used as a temporary overflow.
    • 24 posts
    June 12, 2021 10:03 AM BST
    Thanks Norman, you were right it was completely chocka even the 2 service bays! I counted 15 down at the seafront and several circulating the town. A friend of mine who lives in Portrush told me that several vans got parking tickets last weekend at the Landsdown Rd area. The council could do more at the Aire given that it will be some time for coach tours to commence. Those coach spaces could be used as a temporary overflow.
    • 727 posts
    June 12, 2021 10:42 AM BST
    Daniel Kennedy said:
    A friend of mine who lives in Portrush told me that several vans got parking tickets last weekend at the Landsdown Rd area. The council could do more at the Aire given that it will be some time for coach tours to commence. Those coach spaces could be used as a temporary overflow.

That council must be the most pathetic council anywhere in Ireland, they spend so much time and manpower in that area crucifying motorhomers that they do not have time to even cut the grass in the surrounding towns.

Just have a look for yourselves folks, i was sitting in traffic yesterday at the Lodge road roundabout which is on the ring road around Coleraine and the grass has not been cut this year .

The dockings are 4ft high, what a welcome to the North Coast.

They must be proud of themselves.
    • 727 posts
    June 12, 2021 8:53 PM BST
    In fairness to the Council workers they cannot be expected to be harassing motorhomers around Portrush and working to keep the surrounding area presentable.
    • 38 posts
    June 12, 2021 10:26 PM BST
    It’s the done thing to let those areas go a bit wild for biodiversity and pollinators etc - don’t mow, let it grow is the phrase. You see the little signs around Landsdowne head area. Saves taxpayers money I suppose and frees up resources to hassle motorhomers and re-paint height barriers too.
    This post was edited by Gavin McQuaid at June 12, 2021 10:27 PM BST
    • 727 posts
    June 13, 2021 10:14 AM BST
    When you see the bits of scrap that they have rustled up to form height barriers at the white rocks area they do not seem to know much about paint.