Forums » Motorhome Chat

This one's a winner!

• 717 posts
    June 10, 2021 9:29 PM BST
    Tony Glenn said:
    Tommy S said:
    Will you have a vending machine available,for crisps and nuts

While waiting on my Nigerian Lottery winnings to be transferred, I had time to scroll down through all the replies to my original post. I haven't laughed so much since lockdown began. All I can say is, finding a crisp supplier might be tricky, but there's enough nuts on here to fill the machine twice over!.

Now don't forget Tony...you were to send me details of the scheme. I'm waiting patiently to get this up and running. LOL
    • 727 posts
    June 10, 2021 9:32 PM BST
    Tommy S said:
    I'm with Daz if you allow fires on the lawn, Ive a hundredweight bag of copper wire I need the outer plastic burnt off

Gees Tommy if you get that bag of stuff recycled you will be in the same league as Tony our Nigerian lottery winner.emoticon_imgemoticon_img
    This post was edited by NormanNTG Gordon at June 10, 2021 9:33 PM BST
    • 717 posts
    June 10, 2021 9:38 PM BST
    NormanNTG Gordon said:
    Tommy S said:
    I'm with Daz if you allow fires on the lawn, Ive a hundredweight bag of copper wire I need the outer plastic burnt off

Gees Tommy if you get that bag of stuff recycled you will be in the same league as Tony our Nigerian lottery winner.

I would think Tommy would have a much healthier bank balance than Tony LOL
    • 717 posts
    June 10, 2021 9:46 PM BST
    Ger McClinton said:
    NormanNTG Gordon said:
    Tommy S said:

Gees Tommy if you get that bag of stuff recycled you will be in the same league as Tony our Nigerian lottery winner.

I would think Tommy would have a much healthier bank balance than Tony LOL

Nigerian lottery wins do not tend to be that good for the bank balance in reality. LOL
    • 727 posts
    June 10, 2021 9:55 PM BST
    And just why would you think that Ger? emoticon_imgemoticon_imgemoticon_imgemoticon_img
    • 177 posts
    June 10, 2021 10:08 PM BST
    Tony, why don't you come clean, and admit you are only trying to gather the funds to to go on a Nigerian training course, in order to improve your pension fund's.

I mean there is no real harm in that is there ?.

I have a half share in a lighthouse, if you are interested, great spot if you want a bit of peace and quite,it works well, you can use it yourself but the strange thing is most people donate their time to someone else,emoticon_img who they might be happier without for a few days or weeks depending on the weather.emoticon_img
    • 727 posts
    June 10, 2021 10:14 PM BST
    Sprinter. said:
    Tony, why don't you come clean, and admit you are only trying to gather the funds to to go on a Nigerian training course, in order to improve your pension fund's.

I mean there is no real harm in that is there ?.

I have a half share in a lighthouse, if you are interested, great spot if you want a bit of peace and quite,it works well, you can use it yourself but the strange thing is most people donate their time to someone else,"emoticon_img" who they might be happier without for a few days or weeks depending on the weather."emoticon_img"

The plot thickens.emoticon_img
    • 6 posts
    June 11, 2021 12:09 AM BST
    Tommy S said:

That's more profitable than my plan, I just have a pile of tyres to get rid of emoticon_img
    • 717 posts
    June 11, 2021 9:07 AM BST
    Daryl..daz said:
    Tommy S said:

That's more profitable than my plan, I just have a pile of tyres to get rid of "emoticon_img"

LOL
    • 9 posts
    June 11, 2021 3:57 PM BST
    Tommy S said:

I was speaking to a Scrappie last week and apparently copper is £6000 per tonne at the moment
    • 717 posts
    June 11, 2021 4:22 PM BST
    Brian Robinson said:
    Tommy S said:

I was speaking to a Scrappie last week and apparently copper is £6000 per tonne at the moment

Wow.... really Peter. That's a hell of a price. Must check what cuts of cabling I have. LOL
    • 727 posts
    June 11, 2021 5:59 PM BST
    Ger McClinton said:
    Brian Robinson said:
    Tommy S said:

Wow.... really Peter. That's a hell of a price. Must check what cuts of cabling I have. LOL

It would be a good time to keep it under lock and key.emoticon_img
    • 91 posts
    June 11, 2021 8:59 PM BST
    Ger McClinton said:
    Tony Glenn said:
    Tommy S said:
    Will you have a vending machine available,for crisps and nuts

While waiting on my Nigerian Lottery winnings to be transferred, I had time to scroll down through all the replies to my original post. I haven't laughed so much since lockdown began. All I can say is, finding a crisp supplier might be tricky, but there's enough nuts on here to fill the machine twice over!.

Now don't forget Tony...you were to send me details of the scheme. I'm waiting patiently to get this up and running. LOL

Apologies for the delay Ger. You'll never guess what's happened! Some careless office worker in the Nigerian Lottery office must have pressed the wrong button. Rather than transfer one million TO my account, they've accidentally taken all the money FROM my account. Not to worry, I've emailed them about the silly mistake, no doubt they'll sort it over the weekend. What a carry on...you have to laugh!

This post was edited by Tony Glenn at June 11, 2021 9:00 PM BST
    • 727 posts
    June 11, 2021 9:13 PM BST
    That is very unfortunate Tony but they will rectify it very quickly.emoticon_img

Never heard of anyone as unfortunate as that before.emoticon_imgemoticon_img
    • 91 posts
    June 11, 2021 9:22 PM BST
    NormanNTG Gordon said:
    That is very unfortunate Tony but they will rectify it very quickly."emoticon_img"

Never heard of anyone as unfortunate as that before."emoticon_img""emoticon_img"

Thanks for those comforting words. I'm sure they'll sort it promptly .... I mentioned that I was a MH Craic member. That should wake them up!
    • 727 posts
    June 11, 2021 9:26 PM BST
    Tony Glenn said:
    NormanNTG Gordon said:
    That is very unfortunate Tony but they will rectify it very quickly."emoticon_img"

Never heard of anyone as unfortunate as that before."emoticon_img""emoticon_img"

Thanks for those comforting words. I'm sure they'll sort it promptly .... I mentioned that I was a MH Craic member. That should wake them up!

That is sure to put the fear of God into them.emoticon_img

I bet they will now ask you for a second account details so as they can refund you twice the amount.
    • 717 posts
    June 11, 2021 10:14 PM BST
    Tony Glenn said:
    Apologies for the delay Ger. You'll never guess what's happened! Some careless office worker in the Nigerian Lottery office must have pressed the wrong button. Rather than transfer one million TO my account, they've accidentally taken all the money FROM my account. Not to worry, I've emailed them about the silly mistake, no doubt they'll sort it over the weekend. What a carry on...you have to laugh!

Not a problem Tony. I fully understand your issue but it will be sorted. Those nice chaps from the Nigerian Lottery fund will refund to your account without a doubt as they are completely and utterly trust worthy. I had a similar win three years ago and a similar mistake happened. Apparently my bank still will not accept the refund transfer. LOL
    • 717 posts
    June 11, 2021 10:18 PM BST
    I'm not sure mentioning that you're a Craic member will be of any help because they've had an awful lot of issues in Nigeria with Motorhomes overcrowding at the beaches.... apparently. LOL
    • 717 posts
    June 11, 2021 10:20 PM BST
    NormanNTG Gordon said:

Absolutely Norman....you know they will
    • 727 posts
    June 11, 2021 10:29 PM BST
    Well that is us back to our oul motorhomes,once it seems to good to be true then it is to good to be true .
    • 6 posts
    June 11, 2021 10:58 PM BST
    Ger I have a plan to make a few quid if we keep it to ourselves. we don't need Tony (He will be too busy spending his Naira)

If we wait till someone with a big garden announces they are going away. Then we invite Tommy to a bonfire party (this will also help with my tire problem) . I also have some nuts left from Christmas to help temp him. whilst he's a sleep waiting for his copper to cool , gaffer tape his doors shut and nick his stash. emoticon_img.
    • 717 posts
    June 11, 2021 11:12 PM BST
    Daryl..daz said:
    Ger I have a plan to make a few quid if we keep it to ourselves. we don't need Tony (He will be too busy spending his Naira)

If we wait till someone with a big garden announces they are going away. Then we invite Tommy to a bonfire party (this will also help with my tire problem) . I also have some nuts left from Christmas to help temp him. whilst he's a sleep waiting for his copper to cool , gaffer tape his doors shut and nick his stash. "emoticon_img".

Daryl in the words of Hastings ( Adrian Dunbar) Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the wee Donkey....now that's a plan. I believe Norman is heading to Scotland so we could use the grounds of his estate and I'll throw in a few packs of Tayto Cheese and Onion. There just past sell by date, six months, but Tony won't notice. OPERATION TONY has begun.
    • 727 posts
    June 12, 2021 6:42 AM BST
    Ger McClinton said:
    Daryl..daz said:

If we wait till someone with a big garden announces they are going away. Then we invite Tommy to a bonfire party (this will also help with my tire problem) . I also have some nuts left from Christmas to help temp him. whilst he's a sleep waiting for his copper to cool , gaffer tape his doors shut and nick his stash. "emoticon_img".

Daryl in the words of Hastings ( Adrian Dunbar) Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the wee Donkey....now that's a plan. I believe Norman is heading to Scotland so we could use the grounds of his estate and I'll throw in a few packs of Tayto Cheese and Onion. There just past sell by date, six months, but Tony won't notice. OPERATION TONY has begun.

Well Ger nothing like a man with a plan.emoticon_imgemoticon_img
    • 125 posts
    June 12, 2021 9:15 AM BST
    Daz no chance, ill leave the wife outside guarding it, either her or 4 pit bulls you might have more success with the pit bulls. Is there a stream to wash the horses
    • 91 posts
    June 12, 2021 4:34 PM BST
    What? I turn my back for a few hours (a small problem regarding my Nigerian Lottery win apparently) only to find that there's dirty deeds going on behind my back. Operation Tony? Not on my watch matey! I've decided to launch a hostile takeover of the MH Craic operation. Once I have enough shares I'll swoop in and start running things MY way. From my new campsite in Nigeria. Sleep with one eye open lads.
    This post was edited by Tony Glenn at June 13, 2021 12:02 AM BST