Forums » Mechanical & Technical

Fridge problem - any help around Belcoo?

• 9 posts
    June 7, 2021 10:54 PM BST
    A friend is away in the MH at Belcoo and they're having problems with fridge not working. I've suggested checking the fuse but they're not very techie!

Does anyone know of anywhere near Belcoo that might help?

Thanks in advance.
    • 196 posts
    June 7, 2021 11:37 PM BST
    What's wrong with it
    • 9 posts
    June 8, 2021 8:12 AM BST
    Flashing blue light is all the info I have. They're on EHU and other electrical sockets are working. They also have a leaking toilet with the carpet stinking of wee so they're not in a good place ATM! I suggested putting fridge on gas in meantime but they're short of that as they always use EHU.

Be gentle with them!
    • 177 posts
    June 8, 2021 8:37 AM BST
    where are they in Belcoo?.
    First slove, to save the hollier's is as you say , put the fridge on gas.
    Second, how/ when, and where exactly is the toilet leaking into the van?
    When driving is it too full?
    Rushin house has static's so may be able to supply gas, and know someone who can do repairs.
    Riverside Farm and Marina also.
    This post was edited by Sprinter. at June 8, 2021 8:38 AM BST
    • 9 posts
    June 8, 2021 9:06 AM BST
    Thanks sprinter - just heard that the fridge is working this morning so not the fuse as I suspected. They're on the campsite at Belcoo (? Not the little CL) They've decided to come home but I've given them your info - thanks a lot. Apparently the toilet is jammed in so I assume it's askew n that will be causing the leaks.
    • 575 posts
    June 8, 2021 9:07 AM BST
    Pack up the van and drive to get a gas bottle, sort the problem after the break. I doubt anyone will look at it anyhow as everyone doing that work is busy.

Take out toilet, empty, check the seals, check the toilet itself isn’t lose, make sure cassette is fitting in a nice and tight, clean out any residue that has spilt and empty when it gets to three quarter, see if that helps.
    • 177 posts
    June 8, 2021 9:26 AM BST
    Ally said:
    Pack up the van and drive to get a gas bottle, sort the problem after the break. I doubt anyone will look at it anyhow as everyone doing that work is busy.

Take out toilet, empty, check the seals, check the toilet itself isn’t lose, make sure cassette is fitting in a nice and tight, clean out any residue that has spilt and empty when it gets to three quarter, see if that helps.

Yep, my way of thinking also. the toilet problem may be, that they didn't close the blade before taking out the cassette there fore jamming the mechanics putting it back in?.
    Some people may not know (or forget ) that you should open and close the blade/flusher in their toilet to drop the water seal into the cassette before you remove it for emptying.
    By doing that the mechanics are always in the correct position.to open and close the sliding lid on the cassette,when removing and refitting.
    Good old breadsoda and water will make the carpet liveable for a while.
    This post was edited by Sprinter. at June 8, 2021 9:30 AM BST
    • 137 posts
    June 8, 2021 9:46 AM BST
    Good advice about opening and shutting the blade there Martin. Took me a while to figure that out, thought my seal was leaking , it’s only clean water but looks bad when it leaks on to the ground when you take out your cassette first.
    • 717 posts
    June 8, 2021 10:48 AM BST
    I would agree with Martin either a blade or seal issue probably. Hope they get sorted ok.
    • 177 posts
    June 8, 2021 11:21 AM BST
    Pat- CHAUSSON said:
    Good advice about opening and shutting the blade there Martin. Took me a while to figure that out, thought my seal was leaking , it’s only clean water but looks bad when it leaks on to the ground when you take out your cassette first.

I koppoed that the very first time I took out the cassette, looked well, on your knees with paper towel drying up, what you know is only clean water.but no one else does.then the second time left it open ,on the knees again with your head stuffed into the cavity trying to figure,why the cassette would not slide in easy.
    • 575 posts
    June 8, 2021 1:52 PM BST
    I was watching a hire van at Body & Soul, two guys swinging on the cassette and pulling trying to get it out to empty. I let a big WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! out of me and went over, walked into their van and closed the blade, try now lads....
    • 79 posts
    June 8, 2021 5:32 PM BST
    they didnt happen to drop the lid into the disposal tank?

No wait that was vantastival someone did that and went tank diving for it
    • 9 posts
    June 8, 2021 5:48 PM BST
    Thanks very much for all the suggestions. Apparently the seal is definitely leaking but that may be to do with how they're removing/replacing the cassette. I'll pass on the info. They were heading for home. Hope it hasn't put them off entirely \ud83d\ude22
    • 9 posts
    June 8, 2021 8:18 PM BST
    Turns out there had been an electricity outage at the site due to overload. I know mine sometimes throws a strop if it's been denied fuel. So it seems the fridge is fine. They're home, and picking up gas and having a new seal fitted tomorrow.

Thanks again for everyone's input. My friend was very impressed so she might well join!

BTW, is there any way to STAY logged in? Every time I return to this page I have to sign in again.
    • 717 posts
    June 8, 2021 11:12 PM BST
    Jean said:
    Turns out there had been an electricity outage at the site due to overload. I know mine sometimes throws a strop if it's been denied fuel. So it seems the fridge is fine. They're home, and picking up gas and having a new seal fitted tomorrow.

Thanks again for everyone's input. My friend was very impressed so she might well join!

BTW, is there any way to STAY logged in? Every time I return to this page I have to sign in again.

That's good news Jean that it was a site supply problem rather than a fridge problem and the toilet seal is an easy fix. A good ending.
    • 717 posts
    June 8, 2021 11:20 PM BST
    Sorry Jean should have said can't help with the Log In problem but Ally I'm sure will answer that.
    • 137 posts
    June 8, 2021 11:46 PM BST
    John Marks said:

You will have to shout louder John, that brings back memories alright, Lol.
    • 717 posts
    June 9, 2021 8:52 AM BST
    Pat- CHAUSSON said:
    John Marks said:

You will have to shout louder John, that brings back memories alright, Lol.

Pat....John are we going to find out who????
    LOL
    • 196 posts
    June 9, 2021 10:36 AM BST
    Sorry Ger but that information is covered by the official Motorhomecraic secrets act
    • 717 posts
    June 9, 2021 10:38 AM BST
    Eirebus said:
    Sorry Ger but that information is covered by the official Motorhomecraic secrets act

Bummer...i love a bit of scandal Dave LOL
    • 9 posts
    June 9, 2021 12:27 PM BST
    Another problem I have (as well as having to sign in each time I return to the forum) is that I can't find my post! I did eventually, by searching Belcoo. Surely there should be an easy way to access posts I've started or contributed to? There probably is, I just haven't seen it.
    • 177 posts
    June 9, 2021 3:16 PM BST
    Jean said:
    Another problem I have (as well as having to sign in each time I return to the forum) is that I can't find my post! I did eventually, by searching Belcoo. Surely there should be an easy way to access posts I've started or contributed to? There probably is, I just haven't seen it.

You have to look under what you put the original post to go back and find it.

Yours is

Forums, >>Mechanical& Technical>> Fridge Problem-any help around Belcoo?

ans If look under the reply window you will see.

A box with. Send me notifications when other members reply to this topic.

You have to Tic this for notification of all the reply's ( as you have answered you probably have this done)

Regarding the stay Log in, The Red Lad is working on it as well as the day Job It will Happen emoticon_img