Forums » Motorhome Parking

A new field

• May 30, 2021 4:09 PM BST
    Have just heard about a new venture in Blackwater Co Wexford. Walshes field. Motorhome parking. Not much in the way of facilities yet, I think. I have sent a message asking for more information. Prices etc.
    Good to see another place opening anyway.
  • May 30, 2021 4:35 PM BST
    I believe €10 per night water only available at present.
    • 137 posts
    May 30, 2021 5:03 PM BST
    Anything to get Motorhomes off the side of the road, even if there were services available in satellite towns within driving distance from these kind of places would help.
    • 575 posts
    May 30, 2021 5:31 PM BST
    David Daffysparks said:
    Have just heard about a new venture in Blackwater Co Wexford. Walshes field. Motorhome parking. Not much in the way of facilities yet, I think. I have sent a message asking for more information. Prices etc.

Not on the app?
    • 717 posts
    May 30, 2021 5:49 PM BST
    David Daffysparks said:

Great to hear of new places opening and hopefully at a fair price. The more new places opening should help ease the burden of finding a spot.
  • May 30, 2021 5:50 PM BST
    Here is some additional information.
    The time has come to open Walsh's Field Motorhome parking. We are excited to welcome you all to our beautiful seaside village here in Blackwater and to our fantastic County of Wexford \ud83d\udc9c\ud83d\udc9b, where there is so much to see and do.
    This is a new venture and we are starting off with secure overnight parking and a central point for fresh water.
    Weather permitting we are opening from the 3rd of June. You can contact us on 089 2683299 to make a booking. We look forward to welcoming you all very soon.
  • May 30, 2021 7:00 PM BST
    No, not on app yet. I have sent a text to them looking for more information.
    • 20 posts
    May 30, 2021 7:44 PM BST
    Great to see more people recognising the opportunity rather than perceiving a menace. We wull make a point of visiting this field this summer.
    • 57 posts
    May 30, 2021 9:27 PM BST
    Great news.
  • May 30, 2021 9:29 PM BST
    Ok so yes confirmed at €10 per night. Just my n the outskirts of the village. Downhill into the village, uphill after the pub though. I’d guess about a 7-8 minute walk to the centre of the village. I’m awaiting word on capacity. I’ll put it on the app with eir code
  • May 30, 2021 9:57 PM BST
    Capacity is 25 Motorhomes
    • 717 posts
    May 30, 2021 10:58 PM BST
    David Daffysparks said:
    Ok so yes confirmed at €10 per night. Just my n the outskirts of the village. Downhill into the village, uphill after the pub though. I’d guess about a 7-8 minute walk to the centre of the village. I’m awaiting word on capacity. I’ll put it on the app with eir code

That sounds close to perfect David. Only drawback is that uphill walk from pub LOL
    • 727 posts
    May 31, 2021 6:02 PM BST
    David Daffysparks said:

That is great to hear and hope it is very successful.
    • 575 posts
    May 31, 2021 6:20 PM BST
    Now on app.
  • May 31, 2021 7:07 PM BST
    Oh right. I can’t see it.
  • May 31, 2021 7:08 PM BST
    I only can’t see it once ; )
    • 21 posts
    May 31, 2021 7:12 PM BST
    Great to hear that Blackwater nice little spot.....
    • 575 posts
    May 31, 2021 7:32 PM BST
    David Daffysparks said:
    Oh right. I can’t see it.

Update map.
  • May 31, 2021 7:40 PM BST
    How do you do that now. Can’t find the update poi feature
    • 575 posts
    May 31, 2021 7:53 PM BST
    Bottom left down arrow.
    • 575 posts
    May 31, 2021 8:00 PM BST
    Just press buttons, you won’t break it.
  • May 31, 2021 8:30 PM BST
    Ha ha. True it is an iPhone after all.
    • 16 posts
    May 31, 2021 8:58 PM BST
    Great to hear there is a new spot to overnight in Blackwater. A lovely village full of character. Blackwater open farm a nice place to visit with children. Roads around the area quite narrow.
    • 575 posts
    May 31, 2021 9:20 PM BST
    []David Daffysparks said:
    Ha ha. True it is an iPhone after all.
    You won’t break the MPI app by pressing buttons, whether on an iPhone or Android is what I meant.
  • May 31, 2021 9:32 PM BST
    Oh, is it what you meant. “Big smile “