Forums » Mechanical & Technical

Ford Transit LConversion - Gas and Kitchen install needed

• 2 posts
    May 27, 2021 10:49 AM BST
    Hi folks, I just picked up a real gem of a Ford Transit LWB that has been half converted. Work completed so far as follows:

- All insulation on roof, walls, floor and doors completed with carpet covering walls, roof and doors.

- All electrics completed 12 v and 230v hook up with solar panel, split relay charger and slow charge when hooked up to 230v. Wiring also ready for water pump and heater. USB and 23v sockets installed throughout. LED lights on roof and led reading lights over bed.

- 2 rooflights with flyscreen/black out blinds and 2 side privacy windows with blackout blinds installed

-12 Diesel night heater installed.

- Fixed double bed at back.

I need to install the gas and a kitchen unit to enable getting it vrt'd as a camper on the log book. Does anyone have any recommendations for really good, clear DIY/How To guides or youtube videos for DIT conversion work?

Regards,

Mick
    • 9 posts
    May 27, 2021 9:04 PM BST
    Mick,there is a haynes manual called ,build your own motorcaravan ,may be useful for your build , covers most of what is needed and usually available on ebay.
    • 727 posts
    May 27, 2021 10:32 PM BST
    Petie said:
    Mick,there is a haynes manual called ,build your own motorcaravan ,may be useful for your build , covers most of what is needed and usually available on ebay.

That is really good advice ,and all regs explained.
    • 137 posts
    May 27, 2021 10:59 PM BST
    when I was doing a self build years ago I used to frequent this forum, haven't been on it in years.

https://sbmcc.co.uk/
  • June 12, 2021 10:16 PM BST
    Hi Mick, I am just completing a van conversion myself. I watched Greg Virgo on Utube , his videos of him doing his own van are excellent, easy to understand and easy to follow so you can complete your own work. There are some pictures I posted if you want to look them up. If I can be of any assistance please let me know also.
    Cheers.
    • 2 posts
    June 14, 2021 4:48 PM BST
    Thanks Paul, will check out his videos and give you a shout if any questions. Thanks again. Mick