Thoughts now?

• 575 posts
    May 5, 2021 9:38 PM BST
    Ignoring emojis and no ‘like.
    Both are coming.

Thoughts now?
    • 45 posts
    May 6, 2021 1:09 AM BST
    Me head is wrecked! emoticon_imgemoticon_img but I'll get there eventually. It reminded me too much of fakebook when I first started on the new site. Is it possible to get the unread posts button back. I can go to last post but then I have to go back up to find where was the last post that I read, and check the dates and the times, and me finger has arthritis, and me head is wreckedemoticon_imgemoticon_imgemoticon_img, but I'm a work in progress. I like the new features and things will become easier in time. Well done on all the hard work you've put in.
    • 575 posts
    May 6, 2021 8:31 AM BST
    I repeatedly tried to advise that those used to forums to stick with the forum in here and then delve into the other bits when ready. That advise was ignored mostly lol
    I know someone that was here for a week before they found the forum :/
    Three lines are always the menu in mobile phones, it’s a standard, but some don’t know. Think of it as I’m dragging some of you into 2021 :D
    This post was edited by Ally at May 6, 2021 8:31 AM BST
    • 717 posts
    May 6, 2021 8:56 AM BST
    Ally said:
    I repeatedly tried to advise that those used to forums to stick with the forum in here and then delve into the other bits when ready.

That's what I've been doing. Forum first and then gradually get onto other parts. It's taking me time but I'm getting there slowly. A bit of trial and error is being used LOL
    • 575 posts
    May 6, 2021 9:12 AM BST
    :) the apps will help when they come along.
    • 55 posts
    May 6, 2021 9:28 AM BST
    Some of my random thoughts (not necessarily to be answered);

It looks well.

Technically, it seems to work, apart from a couple of niggles like emojis as mentioned, also no pics upload from 'forum'

The 'Forum' tab, is essentially the old forum re-packaged. Is it a legacy feature, to be phased out?

The 'Home' menu allows social media style comments, i.e. no associated topics and threads, just informal throwaway posts, not archived etc ??

In that case I'm not sure what the 'Chat' menu is for.

The 'Groups' menu looks like it could takeover from the forum type threads , if it grows legs.??
    • 575 posts
    May 6, 2021 9:35 AM BST
    There is pic uploads in forum, just not from mobile until the apps are released. Switch your browser to desktop mode and it will appear.

Groups are great, the more groups we have the more feasible and longevity we will have. I wonder do I create a MHC group for those used to social media and if it takes over from the forum for its obvious benefits then so be it? Maybe that would avoid some confusion? Not sure but definitely more functionality outside of the forum. Maybe wait and see what the apps bring.
    The homepage information stays and there is a search box. But as you say it’s more throwaway, a activity page of what is happening overall, known as a newsfeed on facepuke.
    This post was edited by Ally at May 6, 2021 11:58 AM BST