Forums » Motorhome Chat

Mini meet

• May 1, 2021 10:54 PM BST
    Here in Norman view. Great to be out. Alfie Catherine and fudge are here, sprinter, and Susie called over....... and brought wine, they will always be welcome with that mindset... also a few folk we know from dungarvan. Brilliant. 33 MH and 5 caravans. !!!! Big sign at gate. No caravans no tents. I could care less. Delighted to be out.
    2 chippers, 1 Chinese and a gastro pub doing takeout. Happy days. Nearest thing to normal since the Canaries at Xmas.
    • 727 posts
    May 1, 2021 10:57 PM BST
    Happy days David,it is time to start living again.\ud83d\udc4d

Enjoy as we are doing.
  • May 1, 2021 10:59 PM BST
    Yep. Exactly. Norman enjoy your weekend
    • 717 posts
    May 1, 2021 11:08 PM BST
    Great site Norman View. Enjoy your trip David...and the vino\ud83e\udd42\ud83e\udd42\ud83c\udf7e
    • 106 posts
    May 1, 2021 11:27 PM BST
    Sounds wonderful Dave and you have excellent company there too! ....Nice to get back some feeling of normality.... Have to say I love Norman View and its surroundings emoticon_img
    • 1 posts
    May 1, 2021 11:27 PM BST
    Great spot , enjoy
  • May 1, 2021 11:31 PM BST
    The sooner we can all meet up again, the better.
    • 196 posts
    May 1, 2021 11:42 PM BST
    Monday week and we'll be down there at the Hook
    • 23 posts
    May 2, 2021 9:05 AM BST
    Great to hear David/Ben. Hopefully we are on a road to a more ‘normal’ once again.
    • 125 posts
    May 2, 2021 9:27 AM BST
    Enjoy, hope to get out next weekend
    • 717 posts
    May 2, 2021 11:37 AM BST
    JJF . said:
    Great to hear David/Ben. Hopefully we are on a road to a more ‘normal’ once again.

Fingers crossed this is last lockdown
    • 575 posts
    May 2, 2021 11:45 AM BST
    Happy days are here again :D
    • 25 posts
    May 2, 2021 1:08 PM BST
    again dont forget to stick up a few pics :)
    • 48 posts
    May 2, 2021 1:08 PM BST
    David Daffysparks said:
    Here in Norman view. Great to be out. Alfie Catherine and fudge are here, sprinter, and Susie called over....... and brought wine, they will always be welcome with that mindset... also a few folk we know from dungarvan. Brilliant. 33 MH and 5 caravans. !!!! Big sign at gate. No caravans no tents. I could care less. Delighted to be out.
    2 chippers, 1 Chinese and a gastro pub doing takeout. Happy days. Nearest thing to normal since the Canaries at Xmas.
    Love to be down there . Lovely site nice relaxed atmosphere and great area . Oh well hopefully soonemoticon_img
    • 137 posts
    May 2, 2021 1:16 PM BST
    Enjoy Guys, ye don’t know how lucky ye are to be living in a Coastal County. Hopefully we will all meet before too long.
    • 21 posts
    May 2, 2021 1:49 PM BST
    Great to see David and Ben and the new van in ferthered .... hopefully get to meet up with others in the near future...weather is Brill for the minute....long may it last... Joe has done great work down here...more hard strands and has leveled all the grass area..,looking good...\ud83d\ude00
    • 717 posts
    May 2, 2021 3:33 PM BST
    Alfie Lambe said:
    Joe has done great work down here...more hard strands and has leveled all the grass area..,looking good...\ud83d\ude00

It's a great site...can't wait to get down and see the work they've done.
    • 137 posts
    May 2, 2021 3:58 PM BST
    With 38 units last night is there room for more? Are they all hard stands with ehu now? And how much per night?
    • 137 posts
    May 2, 2021 3:59 PM BST
    With 38 units last night is there room for more? Are they all hard stands with ehu now? And how much per night?
  • May 2, 2021 5:22 PM BST
    There was room for a few more. Also the lower field has been levelled and reseeded, but not in use yet. Also a new row being prepared along the bottom strip. )12 per night. €3 for ehu during the summer/ €5 in winter. I should have taken photos, but was too busy catching up, and we moved on today.
  • May 2, 2021 5:23 PM BST
    About 25-30 hard stands. About half those with ehu, I’m guessing
    • 137 posts
    May 2, 2021 5:40 PM BST
    I was only there once, a couple of years ago and thought it was a lovely spot, on that occasion there was a caravan in front of us going in the avenue that he turned away, I was surprised to hear there were Caravans there.
    • 34 posts
    May 2, 2021 6:23 PM BST
    Great site and very well run. Will be there as soon as we can.
    • 717 posts
    May 2, 2021 6:54 PM BST
    Pat Ryan~CHAUSSON said:
    I was only there once, a couple of years ago and thought it was a lovely spot, on that occasion there was a caravan in front of us going in the avenue that he turned away, I was surprised to hear there were Caravans there.

Yeah Pat I was surprised when we were there last year a couple of caravans where on site.
    • 727 posts
    May 2, 2021 8:21 PM BST
    Folks maybe the time has come for motorhomers not to see caravans as foreign bodies.

I know that I am playing devils advocate but when we pull into a caravan site we are made welcome so long as there is room.

I am away to put on the bullet proof vest before the bullets start flying.emoticon_img