bertie
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 640
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

Wexford solar panel installer.

· 
Posted: 23.03.2015  ·  #1
Evening all.Just wondering if anyone here has used or knows anyone who has used a guy in Wexford town to install solar panels on Motorhomes. He has an ad on donedeal.ie at the moment. I have spoken to him on the phone and he seems legit. I'm just throwing it out there for potential info rather than throwing out cash too hastily. Cheers lads.

the deuce
Subject:

Re: Wexford solar panel installer.

· 
Posted: 06.06.2015  ·  #2
Hi, just wondering did you this installer as I'm thinking about panels fitted also. thanks

Micklad
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: camper van conversion
Base Vehicle: Renault Master
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.06.2015  ·  #3
lads fitted one recently to my own was a bit hesitant also but ploughed on and with a couple of coats of looking and planning i took my time and i think just two hours ish i was washing the hands with the kettle boiling for the tae and its working a treat

the deuce
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.06.2015  ·  #4
Cheers, they seem spot just wanted to see if anyone had used them and recommended them.

Tristan @ PHM
Craic Addict
Homepage: PatHoranMotors.com…
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.06.2015  ·  #5
Don't know if it was the same people , but someone that area fitted one to a camper we sold . "cheap "... I ended up re sealing the brackets and cable, rewiring it, and having to get the calira charge controller rebuilt . Wasn't so cheap after all....

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.06.2015  ·  #6
That's the reason we should always go to a trustworthy person. I'm long enough in the tooth to know one gets what the pay for.

the deuce
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.06.2015  ·  #7
True enough , That's why I said ask the questions as I know very little about solar panels as im on after buying this camper and its my 1st camper so all help and info is great.. Thanks

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.06.2015  ·  #8
Deuce if I were you and I gather you are from that area I would go to Tristan is I wanted a solar panel fitted and then you would have peace of mind that it was done right. I would add that I have no connexion with him but I have come to appreciate his help, openness and honesty on this forum.

tom c
My Motorhome: Knaus
Subject:

solar panels

· 
Posted: 10.06.2015  ·  #9
Had two 100w panels fitted by that man in Wexford recently, i have to say he did a very professional tidy job, panels on roof well fitted, no wiring showing, wiring inside also neat and tidy, been out in the van several times since including the last bank holiday weekend when we got all that rain and wind on the monday, no leaks. He made up brackets and fitted them to the roof first then fitted the solar panels, been up on the roof to check them and all is good, panels themselves seem to be doing the job, 12 hours of tv last weekend without any charge except the solar power and that included water pump and all the usual 12v usage, i have just one 110 amp leisure battery and it still had plenty of life left in it when i left for home, however i would consider installing an additional leisure battery to get full use from the panels as they seem well capable of charging two.

Anyway thats my experience of this guy, hope this helps.

Tom

bertie
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 640
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.06.2015  ·  #10
Sorry for neglecting a thread I started myself 3 months ago. I have been working away. I have also since heard good reports about the wexford installer. But I must repeat it's only word of mouth and not my own first hand experience.

COS

Subject:

Wexford Solar Panel installer

· 
Posted: 10.08.2015  ·  #11
I have arranged for this installer to come and fit a twin 100W solar panel system to our old Hymer later this week. I don't have any recommendations and I am somewhat apprehensive about it but intend to go ahead with it anyway and use my own judgement on the service and quality of the products he uses. I will certainly report back here with details of the experience. I checked here for reassurance in the first place but now feel even more uncertain...

cowboy70
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Elddis encore 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat ducat 2.3/ 9 speed auto 140bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.08.2015  ·  #12
COS

Subject:

Solar panels fitted by Wexford solar panel installer

· 
Posted: 13.08.2015  ·  #13
Hi lads/ladies,
I've had the panels fitted (2 X 100W) along with a dual battery charge controller. The fitter's name is Stanley and I'm happy with the job he did and the quality of the equipment. It's only been two days and we haven't been out yet but I've been testing it and all is well. He done a really tidy job on the installation. The wires to the starter battery had a really awkward run, but he put them in very neatly tying them up along the way. He used Sikaflex 221 to bond the frames that the panels are bolted to onto the roof. He also used this to seal the one hole that he made in the roof to route the wires down into a cabinet beside where I wanted the controller. On the roof there are no wires loose or visible, all in PVC channel trunking as well as smaller trunking inside. It was a bigger job than what I had believed it to be and took him 5 hours to complete.

We measured the batteries before connecting the solar panels and then again a few minutes afterwards with a very clear increase. It was a really sunny day here and the batteries were fully charged by early evening. It's fully automatic with the charge controller so ya don't have to worry about it, just keep an eye on it or test the voltage coming in with a multimeter if you want to monitor it closer. My starter battery isn't great as it's old enough now but today and yesterday it's been reading well up on the Hymer's inbuilt battery panel (When finished charging). Overall I'm very happy with the installation and would recommend Stanley if you're thinking about it, go for it. I'll report back if I encounter any issues. 8-)

Carnsoreboxer
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.08.2015  ·  #14
I too am interested in using this guy as we're getting 'funny' quotes for solar panels. Seem to have shot up in price since I first enquired about installing them last September

Swifty
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Solar

· 
Posted: 13.04.2018  ·  #15
This is a long shot but I used this guy back when you did and was so pleased with his work I cannot locate his phone number and I was sure I saved it at the time I wanted to see if he is still fitting panels His old add is no longer active but yet he is online 2 weeks ago

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.04.2018  ·  #16
Lu Lu ( swifty ) this post is 2 . 5 yrs old the technology has gotten seriously better and cheaper

Swifty
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.04.2018  ·  #17
Not from where I’m standing I’ve just got a new set installed again 2.5 years later( on a different van) and am trying to get the regulator I had first time round as this one is No where near as good

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.04.2018  ·  #18
Do a search on the site there is good info on regulators here

Alibongo
My Motorhome: Home conversion
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.04.2018  ·  #19
Hi, has anyone still got Stans No in Wexford as I've purchased panels in UK and need them installing?

Swifty
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.04.2018  ·  #20
If you get it I want it too please🤗

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.04.2018  ·  #21
Quote by Swifty

Not from where I’m standing I’ve just got a new set installed again 2.5 years later( on a different van) and am trying to get the regulator I had first time round as this one is No where near as good

What type of regulator did you get with the new install? Regulators which will cover 200/300 watts of panel output come from pure crap for less than €10 to really super at over €100.
It's possible that some installers choose from the lower end of the scale to maximise profit.

Pat Sheridan
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.08.2018  ·  #22
Lads, I need this guys details. Can you share it here please? All I can see is Stanley .

Pat

COS

Subject:

Stanley contact details

· 
Posted: 13.09.2018  ·  #23
Hi folks,
I don't seem to have his number on my phone, will check an old phone over the weekend. My system is still running perfectly. The name of the charge controller is 'ep solar' and came from a polish website www.wirelesslan.pl

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.10.2018  ·  #24
Interested

artur
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.11.2018  ·  #25
Quote by COS

Hi folks,
I don't seem to have his number on my phone, will check an old phone over the weekend. My system is still running perfectly. The name of the charge controller is 'ep solar' and came from a polish website www.wirelesslan.pl

Number to Stanley, seems he moved to the new place - 0894415580. Hope this help.

COS

Subject:

Trading as van tastic camper conversions

· 
Posted: 16.12.2018  ·  #26
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.