Homepage: ulaan2015.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Electrolux Fridge problem

· 
Posted: 02.06.2014  ·  #1
Hi

Dunno if my fridge is giving a problem. Was away for the last 3 days, all wild camping and running the fridge on gas but only the freezer section seems to cool down. I had 5 ice blocks in the freezer and was putting a couple every few hours into the fridge section. Once the ice blocks where thawed put them back into the freezer section on top and they froze up ok.

I have a cheap thermometer from Tesco and it only goes to about 7c but running on mains or when the MH is engine is running gets to about 2/3c

Anything I can try or is that as good as I can expect. Lost no milk or anything else in the fridge section

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: Electrolux Fridge problem

· 
Posted: 02.06.2014  ·  #2
try cleaning the grill at the back of the fridge and making sure the drain hole from inside the fridge is clear.

thecivvie
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.06.2014  ·  #3
thecivvie
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.06.2014  ·  #4
Quote by the fat controller

try cleaning the grill at the back of the fridge and making sure the drain hole from inside the fridge is clear.

Both are clear and now cleaned. Lit the fridge on the gas, to be honest not noticing a bigger flame, maybe the jet is blocked and only the pilot is doing the work

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.06.2014  ·  #5
if you can get access from the outside vents dont pull it out, another tip is to pull it out and turn it upside down for a couple of hours and then refit. It may sound strange but it does work with that type of fridge.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.06.2014  ·  #6
Try taking the burner unit off if possible and cleaning the jet to get a bigger flame. The fact that the freezer works and not the fridge is strange.

thecivvie
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.06.2014  ·  #7
jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.06.2014  ·  #8
My advice to you is simply take it to a qualified gas engineer. I used to do gas years ago and I know the dangers.

thecivvie
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.06.2014  ·  #9
jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.06.2014  ·  #10
I think you are very wise. Even though I was a gas engineer years ago I still won't damper with the gas on my van even though I my know more than the guy who is dealing with it. The difference is he is up to date and registered and approved and that's the important thing if anything should go wrong.

thecivvie
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.06.2014  ·  #11
I plugged the MH into the mains 3 hours ago and the freezer section is almost frozen but the fridge has not dropped in temp, so guessing it is not gas related as I originally thought. The vanes at the back are not cold at all. I am guessing that I am getting cold air from the freezer chilling the fridge.

I did see somewhere that heat exchange paste can harden and give up the ghost with age, guessing it could be worth a try. Is there a quick check that I can do from the outside on the coil?

unhappy camper
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: 1995 swift royal 610
Base Vehicle: Peugeot boxer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.09.2014  ·  #12
My 1995 electrolux fridge is going crazy when hooked up to electric the green light is on but the fridge doesnt cool when I turn the switch off there is still a green glow on gas there is a smell but not gas still doesn't cool on 12volt red light doesn't come on what can be wrong

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.09.2014  ·  #13
hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.09.2014  ·  #14
The grills on the back of the fridge should be warm this is the heat exchanger ie the warm gas is removed from the fridge is cooled as it goes through the coil this removes the heat from fridge,try taking the top of your flue and putting a small wire brush down the flue this should clean out any rust soot flies and anything else that May have got in don't try to make the flame bigger in fact don't touch the burner at all you may do more damage also when you park up try to get your m/h as level as possible the flame may not be going direct up the flue if your on a tilt, believe it or not I found this out with my fridge I always try to keep the van as level as pos , hope this helps good luck ,if your not happy take it to a pro gas fitter :up:

Tristan @ PHM
Craic Addict
Homepage: PatHoranMotors.com…
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.09.2014  ·  #15
Sorry not to contradict you , but you can't just poke a wire brush down from the top , as there is a Helix/spiral in the way that has to be removed , and if you do dislodge any of the soot or carbon , it will only fall into the burner and make matters worse .

But you are spot on about having the fridge level to work best , Also about not going at the burner... well I strip them as a matter of cours , but only because I got some training from Dometic/Electrolux and Thetford! And also because I keep a stock of burner jets .

If a jet won't fall out in my hand , once I get it poked out I discard it , the hole in them is only microns wide and any prodding can make matters drastically worse. Also most people seem to put the thermocouple or spark electrode back in wrong , for some strange reason.

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.09.2014  ·  #16
Sorry forgot about the spiral ,when I cleaned mine I put a bit of tissue over the buner to keep any rubbish out and then put the vacuum to make sure it was clean.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.