TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Ferry Tale

· 
Posted: 25.04.2018  ·  #1
Having read the posts about the ferry cancellations I thought I would relate an experience that happened years ago. We were returning on the Irish Ferries from Cherbourg to Rosslare. On arrival at Cherbourg we were told that the ferry would be delayed as they couldn’t get the doors shut but we could board and the ship would sail when they got it sorted. We boarded and went to bed but when we wakened the next morning we were still in port. I was trying to get home to NI to go to a stag do in Glasgow so asked for alternative routes. I was told Le Harve to Portsmouth then Fishguard to Rosslare. Irish Ferries arranged the Ferries and gave us cash for diesel and food. When we arrived at Le Harve the ship was delayed for 4 hours as they couldn’t get the doors open. Eventually we set sail, docked in Portsmouth and made our way to Fishguard. Luckily that ship was delayed as well as we just made it. I eventually got back home but had missed the Belfast ferry to Scotland with the guys. I got a flight and had a great time in Glasgow. On the way home we were told that the Belfast ferry was cancelled and we had to get the one to Larne and bus to Belfast. Might change my name to Lucky

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

Re: Ferry Tale

· 
Posted: 25.04.2018  ·  #2
Let's know what dates you're traveling so we can avoid them 😁😁

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.