unhappy camper
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: 1995 swift royal 610
Base Vehicle: Peugeot boxer
Subject:

ardglass welcomes motorhomes

· 
Posted: 25.04.2018  ·  #1
Report in today's down recorder ardglass Marina has set up a designated parking area for motor homes with toilet and shower facilities six spaces but potential for more they say there will be a small charge

doron
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: ardglass welcomes motorhomes

· 
Posted: 25.04.2018  ·  #2
Great news, lets hope others follow.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.04.2018  ·  #3
Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.04.2018  ·  #4
Brilliant. Glad there is a small charge too so they can quantify some of the payback. Would be great to get a link to the article if/when it is available.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.04.2018  ·  #5
Great stuff!

Chevy g20
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.04.2018  ·  #6
Woop woop, great news

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.04.2018  ·  #7
Quote by unhappy camper

A report in today's down recorder ardglass Marina has set up a designated parking area for motorhomes with toilet and shower facilities six spaces but the potential for more they say there will be a small charge

Great, another one to quote down here when campaigning.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.04.2018  ·  #8
Just dawned on me this is already in place and not just at the proposal stage. It would be great to see some photos. It’s a no brainier for small towns/marinas if it does not interfere with a working harbour.

I think the Motorhomes must be very welcome in the likes of Annagassen with just one pub I think and a small local shop for supplies. I stopped off there once to check it out and got supplies in the local shop and said we stopped by just because we knew Motorhomes were stopping off and seemed to be welcome. Would not have stopped off otherwise. I didn’t even know where it was until I saw it on the app and it is about 25 mins from me. Has to be a lot more little harbour towns about like that that could welcome stopovers informally or formally.

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.04.2018  ·  #9
[img][/img]

Hope to visit the marina tomorrow. If this photo loads properly then I will try and post a few of the Marina.

Davy

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.04.2018  ·  #10

Try again!

petie
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.04.2018  ·  #11
Went for a drive today and visited the Ardglass marina just to see what improvements were made,didn't arrive till after six or thereabouts,there were two motorhomes parked up at the marina, one German and one English reg,they had a great view down over the boats,the gated area was empty but looks very secure,didn't see any signs for motorhome parking or at all.

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.04.2018  ·  #12
I assume its the same as Ardglass Marina on the app? if so, let me know I'll update the information and change it to official parking.

petie
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.04.2018  ·  #13
I'm not so sure but possibly is the same place,maybe Davy will know better tomorrow when he visits , just turn in before the bottle banks and the new gated area is on the left hand side of the carpark.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.04.2018  ·  #14
Great article and just the right attitude where Motorhomes are seen as an asset to the local town/village rather than something that needs to be blocked at all costs. We seem to be very lucky in Ireland (in certain parts anyway) as a whole compared to some of the posts I read elsewhere about how some Council’s in England in particular are becoming more anti motorhome.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.04.2018  ·  #15
It was a great article but to me it highlighted the lack of knowledge which the decision makers have in relation to the requirements of motorhomers, the councillor is quoted as saying “motorhomers will have access to toilets and showers” these are not essentials as the majority of vans have both onboard and we are more likely to use our own. The idea which was mooted about taking vans to show authorities what is on board and how little we need regarding facilities is even more previlent to help educate them in a positive and constructive way.

They need applauded and supported in the venture as this can only lead to more facilities opening and with some positive education that could help the, discover how little it takes to boost the local economies.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.04.2018  ·  #16
Maybe they are thinking of being more inclusive by covering campervans which don’t have always have showers and toilets but saying “Motorhomes” as a catch all.

Also the loos and showers will likely also cover other marina users that they are trying to encourage to visit - boat users, day trippers etc or those doing water sports, cycling maybe. If they are putting them in anyway for a wider user base you would be better looking at them than looking for them?

But yes not all of this is needed if towns and villages want to provide a simple cheap overnight stop with no facilities and avoiding a lot of planning permission hassles - consent to discharge etc for toilets and showers. As long as they know they can make it as basic as they like. It could be as cheap for them as an angle grinder blade to cut down the no overnight parking signs 🤔👏

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.04.2018  ·  #17
Quote by gavster1

Maybe they are thinking of being more inclusive by covering campervans which don’t have always have showers and toilets but saying “Motorhomes” as a catch all.

Also the loos and showers will likely also cover other marina users that they are trying to encourage to visit - boat users, day trippers etc or those doing water sports, cycling maybe. If they are putting them in anyway for a wider user base you would be better looking at them than looking for them?

But yes not all of this is needed if towns and villages want to provide a simple cheap overnight stop with no facilities and avoiding a lot of planning permission hassles - consent to discharge etc for toilets and showers. As long as they know they can make it as basic as they like. It could be as cheap for them as an angle grinder blade to cut down the no overnight parking signs 🤔👏

I agree wholeheartedly, the marina has a need for the boating fraternity etc, my point is more about the council member having a preconceived idea that all facilities require showers etc and how we need to inform and educate them in how little we really need, I love the idea of the angle grinder but I would use it on the height barriers :lol:

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.04.2018  ·  #18
Quote by the fat controller

Quote by gavster1

I agree wholeheartedly, the marina has a need for the boating fraternity etc, my point is more about the council member having a preconceived idea that all facilities require showers etc and how we need to inform and educate them in how little we really need, I love the idea of the angle grinder but I would use it on the height barriers: lol:

You know there is a business there for someone to provide a credit card barrier system like they have in lots of places in France

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.04.2018  ·  #19
Great to see this news Aldo,s restaurant is great as is the golf club for Somthing to eat ,ps good to be back in the fold

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.04.2018  ·  #20
Quote by hillton9

,ps good to be back in the fold

Where'd you go?

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.