Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Dingle parking

· 
Posted: 24.04.2018  ·  #1
Evening all.

Only 4 weeks in with campervan and we are just loving it. Can I ask what does Aire mean🤓
We have not been outside a campsite yet but are planning to go to Dingle next weekend. Can anyone please recommend somewhere to park and possibly Kenmare also.
Thanks to everyone for this site it's fantastic.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

Re: Dingle parking

· 
Posted: 24.04.2018  ·  #2
Aire is a European term for motorhome overnight parking in a non campsite location.
I not over familar with the Dingle / kenmare area, but there is a motorhome parking in sheem Co Kerry.
There is an app called motorhome parking Ireland which list hundreds of reviewed "aire" parking which only cost €6 and is well worth the price of a gin and tonic.
Malcolm

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Dingle parking

· 
Posted: 24.04.2018  ·  #3
Quote by TeachGra

Evening all.

Only 4 weeks in with campervan and we are just loving it. Can I ask what does Aire mean🤓
We have not been outside a campsite yet but are planning to go to Dingle next weekend. Can anyone please recommend somewhere to park and possibly Kenmare also.
Thanks to everyone for this site it's fantastic.

people mostly park in the main carpark along by the quay its pay parking during the day, don't park in any of the bus bays, you'll get ticketed. on the way into the town opposite Supervalu, behind the bottle bank, there is a small free one if the barrier is open.we have used last December.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.04.2018  ·  #4
RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.04.2018  ·  #5
Not a bother parking on the main car park in Dingle, just walking distance from everything and during the day you can even use the public bathrooms in the pier or there's also another one to the left 50m passing "Fungie's statue".

Dingle is highly recommended! There's lovely walks around the coast that you can do to the light house and most likely you'll see Fungie poking around the bay. The ladies at the tourist office are lovely and extremely helpful if you need some tips on what to do.

Enjoy!

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.