bazzinbelfast
Homepage: Www.superbiking.or…
My Motorhome: Autotrail cherokee
Base Vehicle: Mercedes Benz
Subject:

Flo Gas fiber gas bottles

· 
Posted: 18.04.2018  ·  #1
Last year I dislocated my shoulder and find carrying a steel gas bottle difficult. I see Flow gas do a lightweight bottle which we are trying. Any one any experience with these. I believe they are fibreglass inside a reinforced jacket. They have 2 sizes equating to a normal and 1/2 size calor gas size and weigh a fraction of the steel ones.

Subject:

Re: Flo Gas fiber gas bottles

· 
Posted: 18.04.2018  ·  #2
I don't know the cylinders you mention but if it is any help I was shown the difference between the 11kg bottles.

A steel 11kg empty is the same weight as an aluminium 11kg full.

Hope this is some help to you.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.04.2018  ·  #3
I think there's availability problems

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.04.2018  ·  #4
Quote by eirebus

I think there's availability problems

We have a dozen of them in work, they are considerably lighter than the steel and aluminium bottles, I will try and get one weighed both empty and full.

us2
Craic'er
My Motorhome: , Laika ecovip
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

Flow lite bottles

· 
Posted: 18.04.2018  ·  #5
Hi, I’ve had two cylinders of the lite gas and I wouldn’t use them again. Found it very difficult to get supply. The garages that are listed on their site as suppliers,,, don’t have them. I rang them and eventually had to go to balrothery to get one . They are really lite to carry when full,so that is a positive. I also have issues with the adaptor that has to go onto the lite bottle. I don’t trust it, I was getting a smell and had to keep checking the hose etc. I have gone back to red propane bottles . If you want a lend of one to try , you can pm me . Dublin based.

Droffats
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Benimar Mileo
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 150hp Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.04.2018  ·  #6
I bought a "Safefill" lightweight cylinder two years ago. They are available in different sizes.
They are the proper refillable fibreglass cylinders (80% max.) The only problem was when I brought it to the local Flogas station they said they could not refill cylinders. I contacted Flogas giving them specifications etc. and eventually after about two months they replied "no".

To solve the problem I purchased an external filling adaptor and installed it on outer part of motorhome side, beside the gas door and fitted it - simple job. I then had to connect the internal part of adaptor to cylinder for refilling. I did this by getting a short length of hydraulic hose (High pressure), fitted a stop valve near end that attaches to cylinder (to stop escape of gas from pipe when switching back regulator to cylinder).

To fill all I do is disconnect normal propane regulator and attach the end of pipe instead, then open cylinder and valve and fill away. The same filling station that I first visited had no problem in filling from the outside. The cost of filling from empty is usually about €16.00 - much cheaper than conventional cylinder and the side is transparent so that you can see the remaining contents.

Details of these cylinders can be found on: http://www.safefill.co.uk/pdf/…s-0217.pdf

I bought from the Netherlands as they were much cheaper than UK division and carriage was c €10.

bazzinbelfast
Homepage: Www.superbiking.or…
My Motorhome: Autotrail cherokee
Base Vehicle: Mercedes Benz
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.04.2018  ·  #7
Many thanks for all the comments, I don't normally go on longtrips and bearing in mind the warnings on availability have got 1 large and 1 half size bottle. They certainly are light and make life much easier. As I hope will the electric power steering now being fitted, as I discovered I could not move the steering when stationary. Dislocated shoulder plus 1984 Auto trail MB 207D = Big muscles needed!

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.