PDK
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Burstner A647
Base Vehicle: Fiat ducato
Subject:

Van conversion

· 
Posted: 11.04.2018  ·  #1
We're seriously considering doing a van coversion ourselves end of this year or early next year. Problem is hubby is a cabinet maker and Im happy with the sewing machine and staple gun it's the electrics we would love advice on but no luck none of the conversion companies will do the electrics and leave the pimping to us. Anyone know anyone could advice us
Does it need to be certed for vrt

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

Re: Van conversion

· 
Posted: 11.04.2018  ·  #2
The important bit with electrics is to plan, what and where you want things. It the same aa building a kitchen, finding where each applicants goes and matching up sockets and switches according.
Regarding camper conversion, you will probably have 2 different electrical systems, 12 volt leisure battery power and 240 volt, mains power. Unfortunately the 2 system are different tradesmen.
Malcolm

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.04.2018  ·  #3
What about asking an auto electrician, I wouldn’t have thought there would be much difference on the 12 volt side

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.04.2018  ·  #4
Quote by TommyS

What about asking an auto electrician, I wouldn’t have thought there would be much difference on the 12 volt side

Was about to say the same thing....

If you think about it, it's not that difficult... you could set up all the wiring for lights and whatever port you need and then just let the electrician do the rest of the connections to distribution panels, breakers, fuses, battery, etc as needed.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.