Help required... again

ciaran7568
My Motorhome: Swift Bolero
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

Washroom sink waste

· 
Posted: 03.04.2018  ·  #1
Hi All. Posted this on the Facebook a couple of weeks age site but got nowt... [u]Is it possible for waste pipe to shrink over the winter? Rinsing through the system today and noticed a leak under the sink in the bathroom. I seriously wonder how it hasn't leaked before as the pipe is cut so short. Still just about reaches the connector and I've removed the bracket securing it at the back... any suggestions?

Since then I tried a couple of different things. I've bought more waste pipe with the plan of joining in a piece to extend the pipe but cant get a suitably sized coupler (26mm) to join the 2 ends. Reluctant to start replacing the full length of waste pipe. Outside my current skill set

I tried to attached a couple of pics to this post but haven't been able to... or have I???.

Any advice

You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

killiand
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Traveller S520
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato (1993)
Subject:

Re: Washroom sink waste

· 
Posted: 03.04.2018  ·  #2
Possibly a silly question, does the hose pipe go under neath the van - or is it exposed anywhere where it might have gotten caught and pulled - resulting in less slack?

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Washroom sink waste

· 
Posted: 03.04.2018  ·  #3
Yes the pipe can get stiff/ brittle and shorten over time , as Killiand suggested it may have gotten pulled , can you follow the pipe to the wast tank , where is the tank fitted under on the outside ,something may have caught onto it or inside a cupboard something may be sitting on the pipe.
to join two pieces together I heated the ends with hot water and inserted about 200mm of 20 mm pipe coated with sealer.
I have had to move around some of the pipes under the van but before I did I disconnected them from the tank and blocked the ends with a cork ,then filled them with hot water to soften them.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.04.2018  ·  #4
Sometimes the ducting for the blow heating pops apart and if your waste pipes get a good blast of hot air, they will shrink and twist. The filler pipe on our fresh water tank suffered a few weeks ago as the blow heating duct parted under the bench seat. After soaking in warm water ( temperature of a hot bath) I was able to reform it back into it's original shape.
Malcolm

heanorboy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Wildax Europa
Base Vehicle: 2015 Renault Master
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.04.2018  ·  #5
Not sure on your pipe size as it is not one I have heard of
Anyway have a look on
https://www.caravanaccessorysh…ttings/275
I would guess that will have what you are looking for.
If you have a motorhome/caravan dealer near you and they have workshops they will also have them (But maybe not in the accessory shop)
David

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.04.2018  ·  #6
where suggested

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.