TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Air conditioning

· 
Posted: 12.03.2018  ·  #1
Our EuraMobil doesn’t have air conditioning but it has a three position switch above the habitation door that when switched on sucks air from under the van and distributes it from vents at the roof. EuraMobils reasoning is that it is always cooler beneath the van. It obviously isn’t as good as proper air conditioning but does help to cool the van in hotter climate. It’s just a thought for those with no air conditioning. I think a home made version would be a good job

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

Re: Air conditioning

· 
Posted: 12.03.2018  ·  #2
I've been thinking about this myself. I have a Propex gas powered blown heater. It circulates heated air inside the habitation area i.e. pulls in the air from inside, heats and recirculates. If I somehow ran ducting from outside to the Propex inlet and just ran the unit on fan mode only, I could supply fresher air inside. But I wouldn't want to pull air from outside when heating as it would be more difficult to heat.

If only I could flip a lever to engage and disengage outside air supply.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.03.2018  ·  #3
Quote by The Rambler

I've been thinking about this myself. I have a Propex gas powered blown heater. It circulates heated air inside the habitation area i.e. pulls in the air from inside, heats and recirculates. If I somehow ran ducting from outside to the Propex inlet and just ran the unit on fan mode only, I could supply fresher air inside. But I wouldn't want to pull air from outside when heating as it would be more difficult to heat.

No problem getting bits to do this..... including the switch valve.
These HEATER/AIR COMPONENTS will do the trick. The company also does ducting for the air.

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.03.2018  ·  #4
Quote by JJF

Quote by The Rambler

No problem getting bits to do this..... including the switch valve.
These HEATER/AIR COMPONENTS will do the trick. The company also does ducting for the air.

Awesome! I will be checking this out.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.03.2018  ·  #5
Our chausson does something similar. Using the heater is heating mode, it pull the air from behind the driver’s seat in the cab, and distributes the warm air around the MH through vents at floor level. In fan mode (cooling ) it draws outside air from under the floor but it still only blows it out at your feet, not much good when your sweating in a bed.
Obviously TommyS MH has ducting within his wall and ceilings for the roof vents to blow cooler air.
Malcolm

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.03.2018  ·  #6
Malcolm. You are correct, there is a ducting pipe that goes up to the ceiling and then spread along other ducting with holes in it. I have always thought if you could buy an in line electric heater that fitted in the ducting it would be a good way to heat the van as well

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.03.2018  ·  #7
When travelling there is a separate heater that is heated by the engine with another blower that heats the habitation area

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.03.2018  ·  #8
I have watched a couple of videos of guys building d.i.y air conditioners with a cooler box, intake fan, outlet vent and some ice.

[url=

]Link[/url]

I might give a go some time when I’m bored.

Helgahobby
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.03.2018  ·  #9
Quote by Thorn123

Our chausson does something similar. Using the heater is heating mode, it pull the air from behind the driver’s seat in the cab, and distributes the warm air around the MH through vents at floor level. In fan mode (cooling ) it draws outside air from under the floor but it still only blows it out at your feet, not much good when your sweating in a bed.
Obviously TommyS MH has ducting within his wall and ceilings for the roof vents to blow cooler air.
Malcolm

Surely if you're sweating in bed, air con is the last thing you'd think off.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.03.2018  ·  #10
I wish, but with 2 kids in tow, any thoughts about that are left at home !!!!!!!
Malcolm

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.