Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

ID Mobile

· 
Posted: 09.03.2018  ·  #1
Any body with ID Mobile ireland ?
I got the notification during the week that its in liquidation and to stop providing service from 6th of April,
Im looking at all the others for the best sim only plan (not Tesco as rural internet is not good and roaming is an issue)

Best i have found is Virgin at €25 for un limited package on 30 day contract,

Any body found anything else? Betterer value?

Breeze
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Knaus Sun Ti 650
Base Vehicle: Renault Master
Subject:

Re: ID Mobile

· 
Posted: 09.03.2018  ·  #2
Have same problem myself and Virgin plan is best I have come across.
Tesco is an option for me as I have good coverage with them

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.03.2018  ·  #3
Roaming in europe is an issue with Tesco sometimes, and the internet is poor away from city or built up areas,
My wife is on tesco and is happy enough

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.03.2018  ·  #4
3 phones in this house on ID mobile. I haven't had a chance to shop around yet. I will have to look next week, and report according. ID mobile plan were priced too good to be true.
Malcolm

just_manu
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Challenger
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.03.2018  ·  #5
I recently moved to Virgin mobile from 3. €25 a month with unlimited calls, texts and data.
6gb+ allowance when roaming in EU. They use the 3 network and includes 4g. You can also have 4 other sims on your account if needed. Ordered the sim on the Wednesday and it was couriered out to me the next morning.
Can’t fault them.

Also, they have a half price offer if you add other sims under your account they give the additional Sim at half price for 6mnths... €12.50 for 6mnths.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.03.2018  ·  #6
I was talking to a fella today who hauls and erects mobile phone masts. When Three bought out o2, they ended up with two separate mobile mast systems. As a result, Three rented out the o2 system to other mobile operators such as ID, tesco, lyca and others. The o2 system was not upgraded to 4g until recently and because of the upgrades, the rent went up, with the result of ID going under.
My fears with the virgin package is that, I think that they are on the old o2 network. I can't see Branson paying more rent.
We are handing virgin about €100 per month for tv and broadband package for the house and I would hate to have all of our tech communications in the one basket.
Malcolm

thepea
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.03.2018  ·  #7
https://goosed.ie/id-mobile-liquidation/

eir have a great offer for iD customers. €15pm for 12 months and €30 after. Unlimited calls and texts with 15gb data. The likes of YouTube and WhatsApp don't count towards your data usage either! Also get eir sports on mobile which includes a BT Sport.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.03.2018  ·  #8
Good info there thepee and welcome to the Craic , I hope it's the first of many post's

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.03.2018  ·  #9
Quote by thepea

https://goosed.ie/id-mobile-liquidation/

eir have a great offer for iD customers. €15pm for 12 months and €30 after. Unlimited calls and texts with 15gb data. The likes of YouTube and WhatsApp don't count towards your data usage either! Also get eir sports on mobile which includes a BT Sport.

Its the tempting offer but you are tied to a 24 month contract

Personally im avoiding lengthy contracts as its too much hassel

Keep er simple and a lad only has to give 30days notice and you can choose which ever provider that suites

A bit like Tesco having issues in europe. Some craicers (me included) just moved to a diffetent provider at short notice

Breeze
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Knaus Sun Ti 650
Base Vehicle: Renault Master
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.03.2018  ·  #10
Eir have a bad reputation on customer care and difficult to contact
Dont like been tied into long contract.
I believe Tesco will shortly have 4G

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.03.2018  ·  #11
I suffered mobile contracts for 15 years and got eff all from them. For the last five years, all I want is a service for mobile phone usage. The type of phone, model number doesn't bother me. I usually buy a secondhand phone and swap the sim. Unfortunately the market is slewed towards a double monthly bill, one for the latest handset, and one for a 24 month contract.
My preference on the service plan is one of adjustment, low data during the winter months because the MH is at home mostly, but increased data for the summer because the MH is gone.
As I have said earlier with ID now dead in the water, I will be doing the rounds this week with various providers.
Malcolm

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.03.2018  ·  #12
If Tesco go to 4g (similar coverage to ID or three) ill be first to sign up with them,
Tesco coverage is currently not the same (as some people assume or think) as three.ie. been with Tesco for a few years so kinda knew all the local spots where data was non existant,
Had a three work phone and was able to campare, no comparison when it came to data three had 4g when tesco struggled to get an E, Other than data i was happy with Tesco
I ordered a virgin sim today and ill activate it at start of April,
Ill report back then if anybody is interested?

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.03.2018  ·  #13
Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.03.2018  ·  #14
Quote by the fat controller

I know it probably doesn’t help but tesco mobile in the north piggybacks on O2

Tesco also uses the old o2 network here in the south. This been currently been upgraded to 4g while the other 2 main networks, Vodafone and Three, have plans to upgrade to 5g . As usual these upgrades start in the bigger population centres and then eventually work their way to rural places.
Malcolm

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.03.2018  ·  #15
Quote by Thorn123
This been currently been upgraded to 4g while the other 2 main networks, Vodafone and Three, have plans to upgrade to 5g .
Malcolm

Just found a post on boards from one of the Tesco reps,
Early to mid 2018 is the prediction for 4g for Tesco
Happy days

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.03.2018  ·  #16
I had a bit of time over the weekend to research a new mobile operator. At the moment lyca is coming out tops with sim only plans. €15 per month for me for unlimited minutes and texts plus 15 gb data at home or 5 gb roaming in EU, €9 per month for mother hen with 300 mins, 300 texts and 1 gb data (she hates data ) and then the kids phone gets 3gb data for €5 per month with free lyca calls and texts included. The kids are only 10 and 11 and have an old phone for sleep overs etc.
Also introduce a friend and get a free €5 credit.
The lyca operates on the three network .
We will decide in the next few days.
Malcolm

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.03.2018  ·  #17
I was studying the form again this evening and noticed this offer from three for ID customers,Info here
I got onto a web chat with one of the reps and got as much info as i needed,

Basically it works like this,
Unlimited package normally €30p/m
But ID customer is offered this for €5p/m for 12 months,
First bill will be the full €30 and the second bill and remaining 12 month bills will be the €5 on a rolling 30 day contract,
That sounds good to me

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.03.2018  ·  #18
Only getting back about this now. Lcya mobile is competitive but it takes between 7 to 10 days to receive a sim. Their customers service phone definitely doesn't have an irish ascent.
As I have posted before the household media is supplied by virgin, which was out of contract but I gave them a shot. Since eir and sicro are marketing strong in our area at the moment, virgin gave me a 15% loyalty discount for 6 months for the house side. This money now covers 2 mobile plans from virgin on 30 day rolling contract. 250 mins+250 texts+2gb data for €7 (€15 after 6 months) and then unlimited mins+texts+30gb data for €12 (€25 after 6 months )
When the virgin mobile offer expires in 6 months, I can change to a different supplier.
Malcolm

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.03.2018  ·  #19
Three offer a 28 day contract for 20 euro per month, pre pay, which is a decent deal. all you can eat data, free 3 to 3 calls and texts and any network texts roi or europe, 6gb data eu.
used to be top up every 30 days, but they cut it back to 28, which was a bit sh*tty of them.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.