nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: KFC

· 
Posted: 21.02.2018  ·  #2
There has got to be more than they want to tell us Floorman, Where is all the product stockpiled as it is coming in every day ,have they not settled their tab and is the last contractor is sitting on it till he gets his wedge. I am curious who the last contractor was Because the size of DHL they wouldn't have any problems with lorries. After all they are the German post office. So I suppose a bird in the fryer is better than 4 locked up in somebodys freezer

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2018  ·  #3
Quote by nilrac

There has got to be more than they want to tell us Floorman, Where is all the product stockpiled as it is coming in every day ,have they not settled their tab and is the last contractor is sitting on it till he gets his wedge. I am curious who the last contractor was Because the size of DHL they wouldn't have any problems with lorries. After all they are the German post office. So I suppose a bird in the fryer is better than 4 locked up in somebodys freezer

nilrac just as you say there is more to this story than is being released,no courier could make this mess of distribution if the product was available. Somebody has taken the hump. :shock:

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2018  ·  #4
Just because they are big does not make them infallible, DHL have caused havoc in the logistics business for years by buying business at rediculous prices without having plans/people/equipment in place, just nothing as highly profiled as KFC shutting shops. Amazon did exactly the same when they started their own logistics operations and took the business off the Post Office, they have taken a lot of stick and lost a lot of prime members for the delivery failings and are now starting to backtrack by going back to the way things used to be.

nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2018  ·  #5
I have been told the original supplier had six chill stores for receiving and supplying the outlets with chicken. Dhl has one at Nuneaton which is not finished and thus the c**k up and if you lost a big customer your are not going to help them out ,far from it ,you would sink them as far you can. Must be mega trouble when the head of Macs and his gang have landed at the weekend from the states to sort the mess out

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

KFC

· 
Posted: 21.02.2018  ·  #6
I wonder if they could take over she delivery for Mc Donald's ,I'm sure the world Health organization would gladly pay them .

manta356
Craic Addict
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.02.2018  ·  #7

Betty Swollocks
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Geist
Base Vehicle: Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.02.2018  ·  #8

nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.02.2018  ·  #9
Well K.F.C. has a new logo now - KANT FIND CHICKEN, apparently DHL had a similar fiasco previous to this one when they took the Burgerkings supply chain away from Bidwest (used to be Booker) who were the contractors to both and KFC were well warned but went ahead

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.