Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

Only gone and done it

· 
Posted: 16.02.2018  ·  #1
Well i blame it on you lot!!!

After reading posts/comments/advice.
We have bitten the bullet

Booked ourselves and Mutt on the Cork to Roscoff Ferry for September for just shy of a month return trip. Managed to get the pet friendly cabins both ways, so takes away the stress of kennels etc.

This will be our first trip taking Motorhome and Mutt to France. I have driven a car in France loads of times as we go skiing twice a year, so thats no issue.

however any recommendations for aires/vets/routes etc. will be received with thanks.

Its our 25th Wedding anniversary whilst we are away, and we were wondering what to do for our 25th, now we know!!!
Tally Ho!! as they say

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Only gone and done it

· 
Posted: 16.02.2018  ·  #2
Good on ye.....
You will enjoy every minute of it........
Wonderful place for motorhoming.

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.02.2018  ·  #3
Potential for another Craic Meet in France again this September. Dublin - Cherbourg for us. You will love it.

TimB
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Carado A366
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.02.2018  ·  #4
Havent decided on where to go yet, got latest version of all the aires, now busy route planning etc

Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.02.2018  ·  #5
My advice would be not to plan too much as it can't go wrong then.

We generally head for weather that suits us. If it is poor in the north we head south where it is usually better.

Take note of loads of suggested Aires and sites and if you are near them have a look.

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.02.2018  ·  #6
Quote by TimB

Its our 25th Wedding anniversary whilst we are away, and we were wondering what to do for our 25th,Tally Ho!! as they say

Same as ye did on honeymoon 25 years ago only now at motorhome speed! :P :lol: If you're near Carnac, about 150K from Roscoff, it's well worth it to view the standing stones and try and figure out the mindset of the people that erected them. Make sure you see the tall one in the forest and try and work out how it was done. Probably a drunken bet after a night out in the pub. :lol: :lol: Enjoy your trip and don't forget the blog.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.02.2018  ·  #7
Brilliant!! have a great time and keep us informed :)

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.02.2018  ·  #8
Hi Tim having left roscoff this morning now in Plymouth having travelled. To roscoff from Spain I can give you some ideas and recommend a vet and aire in Landerneau for your return. I could pm unless you are passing me this year and we can discuss over a half or two.
Regards Jamie
Quote by TimB

Booked ourselves and Mutt on the Cork to Roscoff Ferry for September for just shy of a month return trip. Managed to get the pet friendly cabins both ways, so takes away the stress of kennels etc.

This will be our first trip taking Motorhome and Mutt to France. I have driven a car in France loads of times as we go skiing twice a year, so thats no issue.

however any recommendations for aires/vets/routes etc. will be received with thanks.

Its our 25th Wedding anniversary whilst we are away, and we were wondering what to do for our 25th, now we know!!!
Tally Ho!! as they say

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.02.2018  ·  #9
There were no Xboxes in Carnac at the time so they had to do something at the weekend 😁

PS Put de Feu would be nice for your anniversary

kevinmoore
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Benimar 494 Tessoro
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.02.2018  ·  #10
Fantastic idea. Enjoy every minute of it, France is fab for motorhoming- don’t forget to get the ACSI card for the campsites, saves a fortune!

TimB
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.02.2018  ·  #11
Quote by StrandcampingDoonbeg

Hi Tim having left roscoff this morning now in Plymouth having travelled. To roscoff from Spain I can give you some ideas and recommend a vet and aire in Landerneau for your return. I could pm unless you are passing me this year and we can discuss over a half or two.
Regards Jamie
Quote by TimB

Tally Ho!! as they say

Hi Jamie, planning to partake of the Doonbeg craic either April or May, so will take you up on your offer over a shandy

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.02.2018  ·  #12
Quote by TimB

Hi TimB ...... Was it with Brittany Ferries? If so, Didn't know they had pet friendly cabins on that route....Will be booking them ourselves!...Cheers

scotgard
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Adria Twin
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato Maxi
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.02.2018  ·  #13
Hi Tim,
Good choice of route, I like arriving into Roscoff early Sunday morning as it means I can get a good distance south with very few trucks on the road as I believe French regulations limit truck movement on Sunday. I'm afraid I am not a subscriber to the detailed plan, finding it less stressful to reach for the Aires guide around 4 in the afternoon and discover yet another interesting corner of France or Spain but each to their own. Enjoy, it's always good to have a "ticket" in the drawer to get through the grey days.

TimB
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.02.2018  ·  #14
Quote by panda

Quote by TimB

Hi TimB ...... Was it with Brittany Ferries? If so, Didn't know they had pet friendly cabins on that route....Will be booking them ourselves!...Cheers

Hi yes Brittany ferries

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.02.2018  ·  #15
What a great way to celebrate, well deserved I'm sure!!

Haven't been myself, so can't recommend anything but would love to hear the reports when you're back :)

Enjoy
Rami

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.