Swifty
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Insurance

· 
Posted: 09.02.2018  ·  #1
We are out on our first test with our new to us bolero this weekend Very happy with it but pump seems to be making an intermittent shudder noise with no taps on All that is running is the heater to heat van Is this normal ?

Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.02.2018  ·  #2
Quote by Swifty

We are out on our first test with our new to us bolero this weekend Very happy with it but pump seems to be making an intermittent shudder noise with no taps on All that is running is the heater to heat van Is this normal ?

(Maybe this should be split to a new topic as it isn't Insurance related.)

Your intermittent shudder is probably a small airlock in the system or even a slight leak. Check and see if water is dripping from your boiler dump valve first.

Swifty
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.02.2018  ·  #3
Thank you we noticed that the valve was getting it hard to recognize that we had it in closed position as we were filling the tank before we left I’ll check in morning to see if it’s leaking

aria
My Motorhome: Autotrail Apache 700
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.3 150
Subject:

Re: Pump noise

· 
Posted: 10.02.2018  ·  #4
We had something similar in our new Autotrail. A single pump stroke every 15 mins or so.
It was a small leak in a pipe connector to the kitchen sink. The dealer had searched for it, and it was back to the factory for a separate problem and neither could find it.

Found it myself through luck when parked on a slope and happened to be looking at the step and had a drop fall on me!

Have a good look around but if you can’t find it you can take some comfort that if it is a leak; it must be very small.

TAYLOR.
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: kencarrolladaptati…
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.02.2018  ·  #5
I had the same problem,it took 2 years to find it,it was a very small leak in the connection going on to the toilet,the dealer could not find it at all.I was lucky I was removing the cassette and a small drop hit my hand.

Swifty
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.02.2018  ·  #6
Thanks so very much we may start searching

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.02.2018  ·  #7
Since water has no colour and if the leak is coming between you and your sleep, add some food colourant to your water tank. All of the food colours can be found beside the icing sugar in a good supermarket. A blue or green should leave a tell tale streak.
Malcolm

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.