MaryB
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Short-term exchange or rental?

· 
Posted: 08.02.2018  ·  #1
Hi folks,

I'm new to motorhomecraic. Thinking about buying a campervan but not ready to commit yet! Would like to give it a try this summer, but renting one seems expensive... So, a couple of suggestions for all you seasoned campervan owners:

1. Would anyone like to exchange your campervan for our house in Cork city for a short while? It's in a quiet location 15 minutes walk from the city centre, near The Lough and UCC. Photos and details on our home exchange profile here: https://homelink.org/en/home-e…city/29638

2. Would anyone like to hire out your campervan to us, at a lower rate than generally charged by commercial rental companies?

Ideal dates for either of the above would be July 12th-22nd or about 5 days in early August.

Thanks for considering it!

Mary

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Short-term exchange or rental?

· 
Posted: 08.02.2018  ·  #2
Id say you may get a lot of NO's Mary,

Not many going to rent out the pride n joy,

Good luck with your hunt

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

Re: Short-term exchange or rental?

· 
Posted: 09.02.2018  ·  #3
Hi Mary,
We are in Europe for the timeline that you have mentioned. If you have any car insurance policies with Axa, you may be able to swap to camper insurance to sweeten the deal because Axa in the main camper insurance around. Indemnity is the most important show around.
Malcolm

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.