Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Best laid plans & all that !

· 
Posted: 20.10.2017  ·  #1
All sorted and plans made for another trip to the continent, planning to be away next weekend and returning mid December ....
.....BUT......

Letter yesterday and phone calls today confirming a hospital procedure scheduled for November 22nd in Dublin cannot be re-scheduled without a huge delay. Been waiting 15 months on it.........
So.....
Looking at re-booking ferry for just after Christmas and taking the month of January and a bit of February in better climates..... not so bad as my tickets are flexi, but a bit of an anticlimax when all plans are made.

Anyone done the trip late December through France? Looking at Spain and probably further south for better weather. Wondering what the possible driving conditions could be like ?

The only upside is We’ll get to the craic meets in Lumpers and to the meet in Logues of Cranford...... :drink:

airhead_eire

Subject:

Re: Best laid plans & all that !

· 
Posted: 20.10.2017  ·  #2
Sounds like fun ! What sailing route are you taking, Rosslare to Cherbourg ?

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.10.2017  ·  #3
Yes,
Rosslare/Cherbourg was the plan (still is I suppose) then through France to Spain.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.10.2017  ·  #4
Ive come through France in Nov and Jan. Driving conditions same as here. Lots of Aires have their water turned off, many businesses closed. When I leave in 10 days time I'm doing 5 days through France to Andorra into Spain. I could do it in less time but I'm not in a rush and aiming on 3 or 4 hrs driving a day. Spain will be busy in Jan and weather should be like spring in Ireland. Hope the hospital appointment goes well.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.10.2017  ·  #5
Thanks Jamie,
Was loosely our plans too, get to somewhere north of Benidorm in about a week, taking our time.
We will now leave just after Christmas providing all goes well, will now look at ferry arrangements over the weekend.

Hope you both have a smashing trip too.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.10.2017  ·  #6
Oh we will, it has been a long 8 months. The ferry we are taking gets to Cherbourg late pm so we will stay on the aire at briquebec when we arrive, we won't use the services there as it was €5 for water or 1hr of ehu. We don't have a plan after leaving Andorra yet, we only tend to plan the start and end of hols. We do like the coastline around Aguilas and Vera playa and we really like an aire in Rota nr Cadiz but we might go inland a bit to avoid the masses that decend on Spain and Portugal for the winter. If you haven't been before the roads are bumpy to say the least & lots of speed humps. Food cheap as is alcohol.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Best laid plans & all that !

· 
Posted: 21.10.2017  ·  #7
Jamie, are you been sponsored by chiropodists profession , because you're making lots of peoples feet itchy .

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.10.2017  ·  #8
Cite de la mer in Cherbourg is very handy off ferry and you can have an evening walk around the city , up in the morning and away you go , plenty of space to walk the dog too Jamie
Bon Voyage

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.10.2017  ·  #9
Yes, been a few times.
Love Andorra, large gallon bottle of Jameson for €50 !....... Scotch half that !

Enjoy the trip, post us a few updates .

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.