Erazmus
Craic Addict
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

TV Antenna

· 
Posted: 07.10.2017  ·  #1
Any thoughts on what is the best T.V. antenna??

Daffysparks

Subject:

Re: TV Antenna

· 
Posted: 07.10.2017  ·  #2
Got an Avtek amplified antenna from amazon. Have to say it never let me down. Only use it when I can't get a signal on satellite, but it works everywhere I tried it. Even deep in A valley in France, I picked up French stations. Got me the news etc. Enough to know the world hadn't gone completely mad. There is some that will say it is a drain on the batteries, but with 2 leisure and 200 watts of solar it never put a dent in available power

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.10.2017  ·  #3
I could write a book!

After various directional status's, a milenco omni directional and a Glomex Horizon remote controlled directional I can honestly say............

Buy the cheapest aerial you can get, the Milenco Omni Directional beat the other ones hands down. Paul (chevy g20) who is usually with me, bought a omni from Malpins, I think ? it's as good as the Milenco.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.10.2017  ·  #4
Directional is always best, in any type of aerial, TV WiFi, etc.. To set the direction just check the direction of aerials on the houses nearby or check the source of the WiFi signal.

When I need to use mine (TV or WiFi) I mount them on ONE OF THESE with the cleaning bits stripped off and use cable ties to fix it the the rear ladder. They extend up to three metres and are way cheaper than ONES LIKE THESE plus they are longer and allow cables to pass down internally.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.