great weekend in dungarvan

dungarvan

zacky emly
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: 2006 autocruise pioneer tasman (betty)
Base Vehicle: 2.2 peugeot boxer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.09.2017  ·  #1
just spent a great weekend in dungarvan,found the parking behind castle,what a great spot,got there sat evening bout 5 and five other motorhomes there,we went for a drink in the moorings then went to new restaurant called the cookhouse across from merrys,,its a great restaurant just opened a few weeks,then on sunday we did the greenway on our bikes,then we watched the all Ireland in the local pub,it was a pity Waterford lost but had a great evening sitting out in the square in the sunshine ,its a great parking spot in dungarvan and we left plenty of cash in town over the weekend and I hope dungarvan town council don't change a thing about that lpace

TAYLOR.
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: kencarrolladaptati…
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: great weekend in dungarvan

· 
Posted: 05.09.2017  ·  #2
Glad you enjoyed,but had an even better weekend in Galway up the Tribesman. :D :D

zacky emly
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: 2006 autocruise pioneer tasman (betty)
Base Vehicle: 2.2 peugeot boxer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.09.2017  ·  #3
yes great win for galway ken,nice to see joe canning win an all Ireland medal,and the class from the manager afterwards

JoeO'S
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Hymer
Base Vehicle: Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.09.2017  ·  #4
In Dungarvan on Sat night also. Eat and had a drink in the Anchor. Food was good.
Great parking spots on both sides of the harbour. Did an hour on bikes on the Greenway on Sunday morning. Very nice indeed!
Headed home early to watch the Hurling final.
One or two MHs parked on the BUS spaces at the "Lookout". Is this allowed?

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.09.2017  ·  #5
Keep out of bus spaces you Bring 2/4 people to town they bring 50/60 people maybe every hour or two its a cash cow thing

airhead_eire

Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.09.2017  ·  #6
If you have a van sized camper then it is possible to park up in the car park around Super Valu on the same quay. We have stayed there a few times in the past and it was fine. If you're feeling lazy the following morning i.e. hungover (!), there's the hot counter in Super Valu for food.
The Moorings bar at the end of that quay does a great pint of Guinness and the food is top notch too.

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.09.2017  ·  #7
That's for this recommendation, we're setting ourselves up for our very first time out. Scary and exciting all at the same time :D

Since we're in Cork, this seems like a great option and for what I see in this post, it seems to be pretty MH friendly. A quick look at the map, I see that there's also two camping sites as a backup in the area, a few beaches to investigate and all.

Looking forward to it!!!

Cheers,
Rami

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.09.2017  ·  #8
Quote by RTV

That's for this recommendation, we're setting ourselves up for our very first time out. Scary and exciting all at the same time :D

Since we're in Cork, this seems like a great option and for what I see in this post, it seems to be pretty MH friendly. A quick look at the map, I see that there's also two camping sites as a backup in the area, a few beaches to investigate and all.

Looking forward to it!!!

Cheers,
Rami

we were the same this year, first timers. Had a ball overnighting in car parks, beside pubs, aires, 1 campsite. Going to do the waterways ireland trip over the next few weekends, see where we land. Enjoy.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.09.2017  ·  #9
On the boat going to France but when I am back maybe you would take a chance at wild camping at Hook head one weekend I'm down in the area..

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.09.2017  ·  #10
Hook head definitely worth a visit

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.