hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

Newcastle airshow

· 
Posted: 07.08.2017  ·  #1
Had a great weekend in n/castle took a walk around the whole town and parks and glad to report that I didn't see any Motorhomes parked badly so hopefully Newcastle will look on us more favourable in the future ,might be worth a email to the counsel about an aire

TAYLOR.
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: kencarrolladaptati…
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Newcastle airshow

· 
Posted: 07.08.2017  ·  #2
Quote by hillton9

glad to report that I didn't see any Motorhomes parked badly so hopefully Newcastle will look on us more favourable in the future ,might be worth a email to the counsel about an aire

Thats good news,wish i could say the same for Galway,Vans parked all along the prom some with tables out.We have enough trouble with the 17 caravans and campers that the travelers have parked there as well. The council are looking at ways to stop ALL caravans and campers parking anywhere in Salthill.We only have ourselves to blame.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.08.2017  ·  #3
That's a pity Ken. Salthill is a handy one at anytime of the year, even a day trip. Possible solution is to ban the overnight for salthill and use the docklands but have Salthill for daytime parking only. I understand that Galway Business school and the aquarium have totally banned camper parking at any time

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.08.2017  ·  #4
Hilton, yes I didn't see any daft parking. Lots in the small car park towards Kilkeel but assume blue badge holders. Very few beside the playpark and only short models & small campervans in the car park beside Percy Frenches so they only took up a car/van sized space so should be little reason for any complaints. I much preferred being able to park up in Donard with lots of space, easy access & handy for a quick get away before the traffic rush.

Didn't get a chance to chat to any other Motorhomers but I did spot the big Chevy with Leo on the front & the Kayak on top which I think someone here owns? Do you think you could stay in Donard Park overnight on other weekends?

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.08.2017  ·  #5
Well I had to get pulled out of Donard on Sunday as the rain had made the ground soft and all I could do was dig deeper, others had no problem, it was only the kindness and generous help of a motorhome and horse biz that saved me having to wait on someone bringing the discovery up to Newcastle. The council may need to provide some sort of contact for help in that department going forward.

As there are gates on the mh area and the main open area which were locked on Sunday morning I don't think they do allow parking, unless it's as an overflow for some event

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.08.2017  ·  #6
Hi gavin, most weekends you will find campers at he small car park at the entrance to Donald car park if we stay we always park up beside the outdoor swimming pool it's out of the way and always quiet 🤞

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.08.2017  ·  #7
Use that one as well, went there on Sunday after the debacle of getting out of Donard for a cuppa, its a good spot for the airshow as well as I used it a few times over the years.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.