jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

Camos Sat Dome

· 
Posted: 01.08.2017  ·  #1
I've got a Camos Sat Dome on my Motorhome and I can't get any picture on the tv as it's not locking on the satellite. Can anyone tell me how I can upgrade the software or where I could get it done?

Daffysparks

Subject:

Re: Camos Sat Dome

· 
Posted: 01.08.2017  ·  #2
Hi there. I was onto Allen in road pro about this today. Mine is still working but was checking just in case. There are two types of tuner in the control box. If it's the short one you need to take the top off the dome, send him a pic, take out the card from the dome( they will tell you how) and send the card and the box to him. 40 quid. However if it's the long silver tuner as opposed to the short one, then the iud? And controller thingy need changing. 700 quid. Was I praying when I opened mine to see. My prayers were answered thankfully. Hope that's some help.
David

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2017  ·  #3
Sounds a lot of trouble to me. Nothing is ever simple now. Thanks for posting the info.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2017  ·  #4
No problem. I'm sure someone could do it for you. I suppose the main thing is to check is it a 40 or 700 quid fix. If you want photos of both I can email them to you. It's simple to check which type you have. You just need to power then the controller box, take out the 4 screws, 2 each side and have a look see.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2017  ·  #5
It would be helpful to see the pics. Also,I don't have a good head for heights so I would need to get someone to do,it for me.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2017  ·  #6
I have no idea how to put photos up on this app. Also I use apple so that might be an issue. Are you on WhatsApp or have an email address and I'll send them to you. If someone can tell me how to put photos from my iPhone up on this to you, I can do that either

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2017  ·  #7
You should have an email now Jack. Or two since I made a bags of sending it
David

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.08.2017  ·  #8
That sound's very annoying to me there should be an update on campus website to allow you to upgrade your system to any Sat changes I have upgraded my Sat dish no problem

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.08.2017  ·  #9
David, thanks a million I got your emails. Not sure I would want to tackle that one though.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.08.2017  ·  #10
I understand it sounds like a lot to do. For me the thing was to know if it was a cheap fix or a load of money. The controller is inside the van, the unit you switch on to search for the satellite. I just plugged out the power leaf and the two antennae leads. Took off the cover and had a peep in. It's either one or the other then. At least then you know the cost involved. I'm the other end of the country or I would do it for you.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.08.2017  ·  #11
David, I'll keep that in mind and if I can't get it sorted out for going to France at the end of the month, I am going via Rosslare and might link up with you somewhere. Thanks for all your help and information.

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.08.2017  ·  #12
Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.08.2017  ·  #13
No problem at all Jack. If you are not sorted, give me a shout. I am only a mile outside Wexford and can slip out to you enroute. It will only take a few minutes to check out the controller and if you want the dome cover popped off for the photo for them I can guide you to me. Plenty of room and I have ladders etc. Hopefully you will be lucky like me and it'll only be the 40 quid
Enjoy the trip. By the way our done worked perfect in Brittany, we only went as far south as Rennes though.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.