Gas pressure !!!!!!

duckser1746
My Motorhome: Autotrail Arapahoe
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducati 2.8
Subject:

Carver water heater

· 
Posted: 03.07.2017  ·  #1
2001 Autotrail Arapaho-Carver water heater .
Would any member know why when my gas bottle is full my CARVER water heater works perfectly as does the fridge, cooker, blow heater but as the bottle is used the carver water heater stops and shows the red light on the wall switch but the rest of the gas appliances still work perfectly . Any ideas welcome . Thanks Joe

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Carver water heater

· 
Posted: 03.07.2017  ·  #2
Regulator id say.
Are you using a refillable cylinder?

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.07.2017  ·  #3
Check are all the insolation taps open, there are usually in the van next to the gas locker or may even be in the gas locker. If you water heater is the furthest applicance from the gas cylinder, it possible that there is a small blockage in the gas pipe serving the water heater. There does be oil contain in cylinder gas especially with buntane, and this oil can block pipes

duckser1746
My Motorhome: Autotrail Arapahoe
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducati 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.07.2017  ·  #4
Thanks for the replies ...I'm using a yellow calor gas bottle but I must check if there's a slight block in hose to heater. There doesn't seem to be an isolation valve that could be limiting the gas supply to heater !!!!!. The heater works perfect for say two days but then stops heating properly till I put in the full bottle ........very strange

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.07.2017  ·  #5
My heater worked fine until I put a full bottle on & then I started getting the red light too. I had LTS look st it while getting other work done & I think the new regulator I had fitted was too strong - 37mbar instead of the original 30. I had to change the regulator to fit modern/local gas bottles. They found the heater was full of dead flies from the previous Owners time (I hadn't owned it long & they were everywhere inc when they were cleaning the fridge elements). I ended up getting a 2nd hand replacement & modern 30mbar regulator. Either way it seemed to be an issue with the amount of gas getting to the heater.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.07.2017  ·  #6
Definitely sounds like a pressure issue so I would look at the regulator. If the hoses are of the rubber type, when were they last replaced as they will deteriorate over time, the orange gas hose has a date stamped on it and if I remember right it should be changed at roughly 5 years old.

Get someone qualified in gas to check it out, it will be worth the few quid to have it done right as well as the safest.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.