Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

DOOR HINGE GUNTERED

· 
Posted: 27.06.2017  ·  #1
Once again i need your help.
The wind caught entrance door to the camper and snapped the pin on the hinge. This means I cant use the door as the bottom half drops and hangs off if i open it.
Has anyone replaced the pins on these hinges or is it a case of replacing the complete hinge. If so, anyone know the best place to get them.
Any help appreciated

TAYLOR.
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: kencarrolladaptati…
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: DOOR HINGE GUNTERED

· 
Posted: 27.06.2017  ·  #2
If they are like the old car door hinge they can be replaced,a photo would help.

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.06.2017  ·  #3
these are more like a lift on/off hinge. will get a photo later. :up:

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.06.2017  ·  #4
Hi Robert,
Given the couple of recent posts that you have put up about the MH, I think that a trip down to Derek Walsh camper centre outside of Limerick could be your best option . Curraghchase campsite is only 10 minutes away, so a weekend trip could be planned.
He has hugh experience since he has been working on MH for 25 years. I think that he told me before, that he has done engine transplants in older MH. Derek also has a proper paint spraying booth on his premises.
It would probably cost nothing to have an estimation done,but it would address the financial cost of such a job.
Before we had a MH, we had a caravan which I invested alot of work into to extend its lifetime, but when it hit 25 years old , it started to fall apart. The glue holding it together had reached its end of lifetime. After each trip I would have reglue a cupboard or something else back onto a wall. After a full tube of "no more nails" was used it was time to bid farwell to it on donedeal .
Wishing you luck,
Malcolm

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.06.2017  ·  #5
Try leisure shop direct they carry most fittings for m/homes

GMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.06.2017  ·  #6
As was said a photo would be handy to see type of hinge. I had to replace one on the habitation door on mine about a year ago and picked it up from O'Leary Motorhomes in England. Posted to me within 2 days.

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.06.2017  ·  #7
Quote by Thorn123

Hi Robert,
Given the couple of recent posts that you have put up about the MH, I think that a trip down to Derek Walsh camper centre outside of Limerick could be your best option . Curraghchase campsite is only 10 minutes away, so a weekend trip could be planned.
He has hugh experience since he has been working on MH for 25 years. I think that he told me before, that he has done engine transplants in older MH. Derek also has a proper paint spraying booth on his premises.
It would probably cost nothing to have an estimation done,but it would address the financial cost of such a job.
Before we had a MH, we had a caravan which I invested alot of work into to extend its lifetime, but when it hit 25 years old , it started to fall apart. The glue holding it together had reached its end of lifetime. After each trip I would have reglue a cupboard or something else back onto a wall. After a full tube of "no more nails" was used it was time to bid farwell to it on donedeal .
Wishing you luck,
Malcolm

Thanks Malcolm, that sounds like a good idea. I just checked out curraghchase, nice looking site. Might try and make that in a couple of weeks.
cheers :up:

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.