Craic'er
Homepage: hurktoilet.nl/inde…
My Motorhome: Pössl 2Win
Base Vehicle: Peugeot Boxer
Subject:

Thanks for your support

· 
Posted: 25.06.2017  ·  #1
We've left Ireland by now, thanks for your support. Your country is gorgeous. Just needs a climate change to enjoy it fully, but we did enjoy! Never a problem to fi[img][/img]nd a beautiful place for the night.
However, a united Europe should have one gas bottle system. We managed to keep our last gas spared, but we shouldn't have to bother. And Irish people are very kind. They all know someone who should be able to refill German/Dutch gas bottles, but bottom line is nobody does. But you will have the same problem arriving in Holland, I guess

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Thanks for your support

· 
Posted: 25.06.2017  ·  #2
Peter. if you are able to, please post a photo of your bottle connection and hose end.
I would like to know for the future.
Glad to hear you enjoyed your time here,we all would agree that its a great little country , just in the wrong place
( 2deg south would be nice ) :D

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

Re: Thanks for your support

· 
Posted: 25.06.2017  ·  #3
Peter, glad to enjoyed your stay. Sorry about the weather, but we call this a heat wave.

Sprinter. How about a new thread with photos of all the different gas fittings. Starting with The difference between NI and ROI, if any. I use 6kg tanks that didn't appear to be available in Donegal.

Peter Koster
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.06.2017  ·  #4
@sprinter: this is a bottle, verry common in use in Germany and the Netherlands. We own these bottles en let them refill with propane (not LPG, while LPG is sold for car engine use only for safety reasons)

Feel free to use this pictures and let me know if you find a solution, so I can share it on our Dutch motorhome forum

Peter Koster
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.06.2017  ·  #5
BTW: Didn't notice something went wrong with the picture in the first message in this thread. This is us on Inch Beach, Dingle Peninsula. We were the only ones tos stay there forthere the night, so I did check tide table and asked local people to be sure...

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Thanks for your support

· 
Posted: 25.06.2017  ·  #6
Quote by Mark&Wendy

Peter, glad to enjoyed your stay. Sorry about the weather, but we call this a heat wave.

Sprinter. How about a new thread with photos of all the different gas fittings. Starting with The difference between NI and ROI, if any. I use 6kg tanks that didn't appear to be available in Donegal.

That is sort of the way I am thinking ,I am heading to Zurich on Wednesday trough England , France and then to Spain and was thinking of trying to get some photos of the different bottles and connections I come across.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.06.2017  ·  #7
Spinter, the important bit is to get the thread size, type and direction of these european bottle fittings.
I will try an figure out the standard irish size. It cannot be rocket science to find an adapter fitting to connect the different bottles.
Enjoy your trip across Europe.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.06.2017  ·  #8
CALOR BOTTLES (others may differ)

The thread diameter on the red propane bottle is 21.8mm left hand thread.
ROI propane bottles have male fitting on bottle.
UK/NI propane bottles have female fitting on bottle.

I have an adaptor to convert one to the other (about a tenner).

ROI butane have a clip on regulator that does not require a wrench to fit, I have never seen it used anywhere else.

nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.06.2017  ·  #9
Hello Folks, the spanish Butane fitting is the same size as Ireland, click on and off, I bought a secondhand stainless steel bottle at the flea market in Benidorm, 5 euros, and keep it for my winter holiday and I make sure to change it before I head home, Gas is much cheaper in Spain 15 euros for the big bottle and the price is fixed so wherever you buy the price is the same. Sorry about the weather Peter, that is why the grass is always green in Ireland .Mind you I got wet a few times when I worked in Amersfoot a long time ago ,Floor bedecking, but your summers are a little warmer.

Peter Koster
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.06.2017  ·  #10
Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.07.2017  ·  #11
Good morning peter,
After think about the issue of changing a gas bottle here in ROI, I am nearly certain that one of the main propane supplier here in Ireland sends the empty cylinders to England for refilling. There is a bulk propane gas market here but it mainly for domestic household.
I think that the best advice to give to future tourist to Ireland, is come with full gas cylinders. In the European sense, the Irish propane market is too small for the investment required to convert to an european standard cylinder conection.
Malcolm

Peter Koster
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.07.2017  ·  #12
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.