Dingle Penisula

Andy Bashford
My Motorhome: Bailey AA740
Base Vehicle: Peugeot Boxer
Subject:

Dingle Penisula

· 
Posted: 17.06.2017  ·  #1
I have just returned from a visit, where on local advice that the Conor Pass is not suitable for motorhomes, I based myself in Tralee and hired a car and having now done that I would say that was correct (my Motorhome is 2.77m). Tourist maps also show a clockwise circulation on the Slea Head Loop, this also turned out to be correct as we witnessed a confliction between a Tourist Coach going clockwise and a Motorhome coming anti-clockwise, between Ventry and Dunquin near the Shrine. The coach driver wasn't giving way and the result was the Motorhome was damaged as he attempted to squeeze through. Doing the SHL in a Motorhome circulating clockwise would be alright, but definitely wouldn't attempt the CP. All in all worth the effort and better than the ROK IMO? There is also Motorhome parking at Inch Beach at €10 per night payable at the Beach Store.

Peter Koster
Craic'er
Homepage: hurktoilet.nl/inde…
My Motorhome: Pössl 2Win
Subject:

Re: Dingle Penisula

· 
Posted: 18.06.2017  ·  #2
I did rings of Beara, Kerry and Dingle clockwise without any problem. Sure, I met some coaches and a few times I had to go back, but for me, it's easier. So what?

JonMac46
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Globetrotter 1999 Ducato 2.8 idTD
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.06.2017  ·  #3
I did Slea Head anti-clockwise once in a car, and had to back up several times.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.06.2017  ·  #4
Quote by Peter Koster

I did rings of Beara, Kerry and Dingle clockwise without any problem. Sure, I met some coaches and a few times I had to go back, but for me, it's easier. So what?

Doing it in a Coach built or A class van would be much more difficult Peter

Andy Bashford
My Motorhome: Bailey AA740
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.06.2017  ·  #5
Quote by Peter Koster

Peter, your post doesn't make much sense, presumably when you say you done Dingle Clockwise if you are talking about the Slea Head Loop the recommended circulation is clockwise? You should try reading posts before commenting as obviously vehicle width is also important, if you van is the one in your profile picture then it wouldn't be a problem obviously !! That's what?

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.