Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

Re: reversing camera

· 
Posted: 04.05.2017  ·  #3
Dual wired with dual screens. I have one in the number plate holder to look straight back & one mounted up top with night vision to look down. Would always go wired over wireless.

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.05.2017  ·  #4
My wireless packed in a few months ago will try wired one next

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.05.2017  ·  #5
Most of the wireless cameras are to be number plate mounted as the power supply is from the number plate lamp. Should you want to mount it high near the roof a power cable has to ran to the wireless camera. In that regard it the same as a wire camera.
Secondly the broadcasting signal on the cheaper models tend to be poor and narrow bandwidth, your monitor may receive my signal and yours when near each other but your monitor cannot choose which camera to display.
I would go with a wired camera because they are well proven.

Hymer544
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: VW Crafter
Base Vehicle: VW Crafter 2.5tdi
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.05.2017  ·  #6
the waeco wired on mine packed up a few weeks back. No economic repair. So I bought a wireless camera with night vision that sends image wirelessly to my dash mounted tablet that I use as back-up nav. The app had distance bars and the pic quality is superb, way better that the v expensive waeco screen!!. The camera can be wired to reverse light for automatic switch on but I have it wired to tail light so always on. then all I do when I need to see back is hit the app button on tablet. Image appears in a few seconds and stays on as long as the app remains open. £25 all in!! Worth a look on ebay.

Pablo
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.05.2017  ·  #7
Quote by Hymer544

the waeco wired on mine packed up a few weeks back. No economic repair. So I bought a wireless camera with night vision that sends image wirelessly to my dash mounted tablet that I use as back-up nav. The app had distance bars and the pic quality is superb, way better that the v expensive waeco screen!!. The camera can be wired to reverse light for automatic switch on but I have it wired to tail light so always on. then all I do when I need to see back is hit the app button on tablet. Image appears in a few seconds and stays on as long as the app remains open. £25 all in!! Worth a look on ebay.

Sounds great ... ebay link ?

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.11.2017  ·  #8
I recently got this one, very affordable and works pretty good if I'm honest and handy enough to install it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/pr…UTF8&psc=1

It's wireless and signal gets all the way to the front no bother almost instantaneously. I basically connected the rear camera to the reversing light and connected the received up on the front to switched power as I couldn't find an easy way to wire to the reverse light up in front without running cables either all across the dashboard from the fusebox. Decided to instead just use a switch to be able to switch on/off the screen when I want to...

The camera even mounted on the license plate it can pivot up/down so you can adjust to the angle you want. For the price... nothing wrong with it! :)

Cheers,
Rami

vino
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: panel van conversion
Base Vehicle: citroen relay 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.11.2017  ·  #9
Would it be ok to connect camera to reversing light on modern van ( can-bus wiring ). Also can a wireless monitor be used to watch other video (dvd etc ) and how would you transmit signal to it?
vino

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.12.2017  ·  #10
I use wireless. I make her stand behind and as long as I can see her in the mirrors everything is ok. In extreme situations she stands between the van and the object. No bleeper but I can usually hear the screams

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.12.2017  ·  #11
Quote by vino

Would it be ok to connect camera to reversing light on modern van ( can-bus wiring ). Also can a wireless monitor be used to watch other video (dvd etc ) and how would you transmit signal to it?
vino

You shouldn't have any issues connecting to the reversing light, even in modern vans.

It depends on which model you get, my screen does have a 2nd channel with another RCA video connection that you can plug whatever you want to it.

Alternatively, if you have a fancy head unit with a video input you can hook up the camera straight to it as well.

Cheers,
Rami

vino
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: panel van conversion
Base Vehicle: citroen relay 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.12.2017  ·  #12
Got one as a present, same as the one in the link. Its still in box will post when I get it fitted, I will connect camera to reversing light and hope it works. No rush as will be fitted to my next van conversion which is about ready for VRT. Will fit after that.

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.12.2017  ·  #13
Quote by vino

Got one as a present, same as the one in the link. Its still in box will post when I get it fitted, I will connect camera to reversing light and hope it works. No rush as will be fitted to my next van conversion which is about ready for VRT. Will fit after that.

As everything cheap, make sure you do a bench test before start running cables, cutting, etc. If you can, set them at the distance they'll be just to make sure that you don't have any interference nor anything like that.

Other than that, they're very easy to install and they do make life easier.

Cheers,
Rami

Bounder
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: 2015 Adria 640 SHX
Base Vehicle: Ducato X250 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.01.2018  ·  #14
You can buy spurious versions of the combined stoplight/camera that is an optional extra on Fiat (not sure about Citroen/Pug) X250's These may already have a wire for a camera feed installed behind the high stoplight.
https://www.aliexpress.com/ite…gJwrvD_BwE

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.03.2019  ·  #15
Is anyone familiar with the Garmin BC-30 wireless camera?

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.03.2019  ·  #16
Funny I just ordered a new Garmin and was going to post the same today.

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.03.2019  ·  #17
Quote by TommyS

Funny I just ordered a new Garmin and was going to post the same today.

Well the question I was going to ask is if I have a compatible Garmin navigator, which I do, do I need the complete BC30 kit to work with it? By Kit I mean the BC30 camera + transmitter + receiver cable, as you can buy the transmitter and receiver cable separately. Turns out I do need the whole kit.

It’s expensive enough but I might fork out. I had bought a wired system but never got around to installing it as I really can’t come up with a good cable route. Wireless would be easier and having compatibility with my sat nav would make sense so as not to be adding another display to the dash.

Blag
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: 1980 Coachmen Leprechaun
Base Vehicle: GMC G35 Vandura. 6.7 Litre Chevy V8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.03.2019  ·  #18

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.03.2019  ·  #19
It looks to me like that guy is pointing his camera through some kind of trailer or canopy, and expecting to make out some blue trailer way off in the background. I don’t think he has a realistic expectation of the requirements of a reversing camera. I’m looking for a reverse camera, not a rear view mirror. I only need a field of view of 3 or 4 feet when reversing. Thanks for the post Kevin, appreciated. But I might just order one all the same. More than half the Amazon reviews give it 5 stars.

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.03.2019  ·  #20
Just found the Garmin BC40 reversing camera. It fits onto the numberplate and runs on batteries so no drilling. It claims the batteries last 3 months

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.04.2019  ·  #21
I order the BC 30. I’ll have to tap into the reverse light for power

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.