DILLIGAF
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Buccaneer Clipper
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Sligo Town

· 
Posted: 03.04.2017  ·  #1
Is there anywhere in Sligo town itself to park for a night, I normally use Rosses Point but wondering if there's anywhere in the town that's safe for a night... Any help would be great thanks...

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Sligo Town

· 
Posted: 03.04.2017  ·  #2
Following with interest, lovely town that is crying out for an aire.

Roadtrippin
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Hymer B584
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.04.2017  ·  #3
Quote by DILLIGAF

Is there anywhere in Sligo town itself to park for a night, I normally use Rosses Point but wondering if there's anywhere in the town that's safe for a night... Any help would be great thanks...

Hey there, we stayed in Sligo last weekend in fact. We took a chance and parked in the retail park on the right as you're going into town-Smyths/Electrocity/McDonalds all there. Its about a 20 minute walk into town. It has no height barrier but does have security gates which are locked at night. I don't think they were too pleased we were there as thankfully we weren't clamped but there was a note left on the window the next morning asking that we would "refrain from parking overnight in the future". Which is fair enough, but neither Rosses Point or Strandhill campsites were open yet. We had been sussing out other options in town itself on google maps but as it was late when we arrived we didn't have much time to spare to drive about as we were going to a gig, but had come across parking at the cathedral in town. It appeared to be spacious and had an exit fee of €2 or €3, the entrance might require some cautious manoeuvring but should be ok! We had also spotted a car park on Wine Street (easy remember) if you wanted to look those up.
There's definitely a need in the town for proper camping/areas to park up.

DILLIGAF
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Buccaneer Clipper
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.04.2017  ·  #4
I normally wild camp at Rosses Point, just down past the campsite at the toilet area, never had a problem there apart from the odd boy racer, but they never gave us any bother apart from a bit of loud music & exhausts, I stayed a couple of times last year with other vans & no problems even the Guards came in round a couple of times & didn't give us a 2nd look.... Id just like somewhere closer to the town for something to do in the evening as I like a pint in a nice pub...

Heather89
My Motorhome: Carado T448
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.04.2017  ·  #5
Does anyone else have experience of parking ( for shopping!) in Sligo town? We hope to visit Strandhill over the Easter holidays and it would be great to know of a car park or on street parking in Sligo town suitable for a motorhome!

Roadtrippin
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Hymer B584
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.04.2017  ·  #6
Quote by Heather89

Does anyone else have experience of parking ( for shopping!) in Sligo town? We hope to visit Strandhill over the Easter holidays and it would be great to know of a car park or on street parking in Sligo town suitable for a motorhome!

You can suss out parking options on this link, very handy.
http://www.parkopedia.ie/

As mentioned, we parked in the retail park just outside Sligo, about a 20 minute walk in but a huge park so no worries about gates, tight turns or other vehicles.

kabundi
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony 680G
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 2.3L 130bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.04.2017  ·  #7
I have parked on the street, pay and display metering, on Markievicz Road, along the side of the river. Less than 5 min walk to the town centre.

manta356
Craic Addict
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.04.2017  ·  #8
I had an appointment in Sligo Hospital Early one Morning so went there the night before and stayed overnight in the Hospital Car Park.
Spoke to the car park attendant and it was no problem.Only cost a couple of Euro and it's not a long walk into town.
For shopping I have parked in the Dunnes store/Tesco car parks during the day,but these can be busy and larger motorhomes could have problems.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

sligo town

· 
Posted: 06.04.2017  ·  #9
You could try Sligo Regional Sports center at Cleveragh, Sligo .about 2k out near the racecourse
Quote from their own website.
Sligo Regional Sports Center offers facilities to suit all the family’s recreational and leisure needs,
including a 25 meter indoor heated pool and kids pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room.

So maybe they might include overnight parking

Robbo52
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Laika Ecovip 409
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.02.2019  ·  #10
Just wondering has anyone got any updates on Sligo Town overnight parking , is the Cathedral an option ?

Sligoer
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.02.2019  ·  #11
I have no experience overnighting in Sligo town but there are plenty of open car parks down ballast quay.
The blue lagoon down Riverside has a large open car park facing the river. Both are easy walks into the town. I'll ask around and see can I get any info.

Robbo52
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2019  ·  #12
Sligoer do you have an update, I start work on Monday in Sligo and it would be great to know of places to overnight whilst Campsites are still closed.

Sligoer
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2019  ·  #13
There's a truck stop in collooney (10 mins out) called Sligo junction/hotrods where trucks overnight and 20 mins away in aughris there's a pub/restaurant called the beach bar with ehu.
No one seems to know anywhere that allows mh overnighting. If it was me I would head to lidl cranmore and park there. It's a huge carpark which is never near full.
Or cleveragh, which is on the river and has a number of industrial estates.

Are you working in the town?

Robbo52
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.02.2019  ·  #14
Thanks for info , yes will be in Ballytivnan.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.