Recommendations for reasonably priced, kid friendly camp sites, french atlantic coast ?

docconnolly
Subject:

Recommendations for reasonably priced, kid friendly camp sites, french atlantic coast ?

· 
Posted: 01.04.2017  ·  #1
Hi Guy's

Heading to France with the Kids mid May. Aiming for the french atlantic coast between st jean de mont and la rochelle.

looking for some advice on good campsites with pools and playgrounds that don't cost a fortune.

Thanks in advance - Mike

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Recommendations for reasonably priced, kid friendly camp sites, french atlantic coast ?

· 
Posted: 01.04.2017  ·  #2
Hi Mike,
We've travelled that coast lots of times and there is many wonderful sites along there.
One bit of advice if I may, get your hands on the ACSI books and card ad it will pay for itself in a few stops, best getting it of Vicarious Books based in the UK.
I have looked at the online APP (available with code in your book) and there is many wonderful stops.
We tend to stay on aires and an odd site but there is only 2 of us and our dog, but family sites all over the place.
I can give you a few screen captures if that helps, around St.Nazire and along that coast is very nice.
We have stayed on the islands (2) just west of La Rochelle and both are very nice.
We also have used the Yelloh village range and are very children oriented, click www.YellowVillage.com
We're off now on the 9th April with an intended inland route to the med coast.
France is magic for a MH trip, you won't be disappointed.

Subject:

Re: Recommendations for reasonably priced, kid friendly camp sites, french atlantic coast ?

· 
Posted: 01.04.2017  ·  #3
Check out chadotel group.
We stayed on a few of their campsite when our kids went with us. They were a family run chain and very good at a reasonable price.
I haven't been for years and maybe someone else on here may have more up to date info.
http://www.chadotel.com/fr/cam…revilliere

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.04.2017  ·  #4
Nantes is also a nice city to visit very good munisipal campsite and lots to do for adults n kids reception has all the info you need for your visit and then move on to coast

Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Autoroller 746
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.04.2017  ·  #5
rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.04.2017  ·  #6

Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.04.2017  ·  #7
Quote by 2424

We stayed at Camping Les Ecureuils two years ago and it was very nice - close to the town, we brought our bikes and the cycle paths were excellent. http://www.chadotel.com/fr/cam…-ecureuils

I see that is also chadotel group. They must still be good.

shaysue
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.04.2017  ·  #8
Tha ACSI book is also available from Anchorpoint in Birdhill.

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.06.2017  ·  #9
Sitting under the awning with next to no wind at Camping du Mont Saint Michel, unfortunately it's been raining a lot of the evening but we've had a good day on the Mont. Not much in the way of weather anywhere in France until Sunday.
Hitting the road in the morning, La Rochelle is where we're thinking for maybe a long weekend, then maybe a few hours further south for a week or two. Any campsite recommendations close to or with easy access to the centre of La Rochelle?

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.06.2017  ·  #10
American cemetery in St James on your way back to motorway from le mont and Nantes city well worth a stop Bryan

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.06.2017  ·  #11
Quote by <BM>

Sitting under the awning with next to no wind at Camping du Mont Saint Michel, unfortunately it's been raining a lot of the evening but we've had a good day on the Mont. Not much in the way of weather anywhere in France until Sunday.
Hitting the road in the morning, La Rochelle is where we're thinking for maybe a long weekend, then maybe a few hours further south for a week or two. Any campsite recommendations close to or with easy access to the centre of La Rochelle?

Not a campsite but the park and ride at Jean Moulin €12 for 24 hours with free services and free shuttle bus into town ,but its also walkable.
this may help if you also check the map link out.
http://www.rebbyvid.co.uk/blog/4578818926
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.06.2017  ·  #12
Quote by rebbyvid

Quote by <BM>

Not a campsite but the park and ride at Jean Moulin €12 for 24 hours with free services and free shuttle bus into town ,but its also walkable.
this may help if you also check the map link out.
http://www.rebbyvid.co.uk/blog/4578818926

Much appreciated, we're parked up for the night and had no difficulty finding it.

Today was a total write off weather wise, tomorrow should be a bit better but maybe a day for exploring La Rochelle on foot.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.