oirishman
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Aire in San malo

· 
Posted: 25.03.2017  ·  #1
anyone know if there is parking or an aire in san malo.

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

Re: Aire in San malo

· 
Posted: 26.03.2017  ·  #2
There is one beside the Hippodrome de la cote d'emaurade in Rue Paul Feval. The service point backs onto the horse racing course (clearly viewable on google satellite). The parking is across the road. It is in all the Aires. We drove to it but decided not to stay for no particular reason.

We did stay at Rothnuef which is a couple of miles to the east, beside the sea. Aire camping car des ilot. Again clearly seen on google and marked. It is a former campsite which has been revamped as an Aire. EHU available as well as water and disposals. Was about €8 when we stayed, shaded pitches. In the Aires book and the bonus is there is a bus terminus at the gate, hourly service, very cheap and takes you directly to the old Citadel in about 10 minutes. We also walked to St Malo along the beach which is pleasant but will take about an hour.

La cite is a nice spot to visit, across the harbour from the citadel. Walkable or by cycle, not really suitable for Motorhome.

Davy

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Aire in San malo

· 
Posted: 26.03.2017  ·  #3
Quite a few in and around St.Malo.
The big municipal aire (parking for about 50 vans) was closed last September, looked desolate and closed up for a long while.
Below is a screenshot from the excellent Campercontact App. If you want info on those I'll post it up for you, but the app is a must if you're contemplating visiting France.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.