looking to purchase - but what and what cost

cloughy
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

first motor home

· 
Posted: 20.09.2016  ·  #1
We are thinking of moving up in the world from a large tent to a camper van, and would be interested to know when is a good time to think about buying one and what should we be looking for in terms of layout etc.

We are a family of 4, 2 children 12 &8, so was thinking about 6 berth, with fixed bunk beds, would be the most appropriate, rather than having to make-up beds each day. In addition we like to cycle, so would like bike rack, and possibly storage area for smaller bikes and equipment.

What should we expect to pay for around 10years old (4/6 berth) from a dealer or privately, and when looking at stock at dealers, is there some flexibility in terms of the sticker price or is it better to look for extras thrown in as part of the deal.

I have only got a B licence, and not really looking to take test for C, so would be the vans under 3.5t I would be looking at.

Any suggestions, welcomed and we are cash buyers but don't want to rush into a decision and rue it in the future,

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: first motor home

· 
Posted: 21.09.2016  ·  #2
As this is also running within another section I have locked it so only one set of responses get posted.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.